• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car Finance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    That's because your last car was old and the fuel consumption wasn't a computer generated lie.
    Like I gave a tulip if it was a sweet lie

Comment

To answer your original question: Why would anyone drag the whole cost of the car out of their business account and be liable for 30% of it if they could rock up with a small deposit and take a loan out for 5-6%?

Got my toy for 0% interest paid the monthly costs while remaining under the higher rate of tax and apart from the vicious depreciation am a very happy bunny soon I get to choose if I keep it or get another one on exactly the same terms

Buying a car for cash is a dumb move.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
        To answer your original question: Why would anyone drag the whole cost of the car out of their business account and be liable for 30% of it if they could rock up with a small deposit and take a loan out for 5-6%?

Got my toy for 0% interest paid the monthly costs while remaining under the higher rate of tax and apart from the vicious depreciation am a very happy bunny soon I get to choose if I keep it or get another one on exactly the same terms

Buying a car for cash is a dumb move

1. Buy a car for cash and sell it to your Ltd Co at a profit.
        2. Buy a car for cash and rent it out to your Ltd Co.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          1. Buy a car for cash and sell it to your Ltd Co at a profit.
          2. Buy a car for cash and rent it out to your Ltd Co.
          Or rent the damn thing on an interest free loan and just claim 40/25p per mile and it more or less pays for the car tax free if you can legitimately claim 15-25k miles per year...

No asset transfer issues or write offs or profits that need to be declared. Just a car that was fully funded pre tax...

Comment

Repent!!!

It's this thinkimg that got Anglo-Saxon world in debt

The only acceptable debt is mortgage and only reasonable amount

Comment

Feck Brexit, car finance is the next tulipstorm (in the US too).

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                Feck Brexit, car finance is the next tulipstorm (in the US too).
                Yup.

90% of new car buys are finance, people can't even afford used car without finance - so what would happen if half of them won't be able to get it? Used car values would plummet - that would affect amount to pay for new cars too, DOOMED!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Yup.

90% of new car buys are finance, people can't even afford used car without finance - so what would happen if half of them won't be able to get it? Used car values would plummet - that would affect amount to pay for new cars too, DOOMED!!!
                  Absolutely. The BoE has started to make some shouty noises recently, light years beyond the curve as always. But we can rest assured that they've initiated operation "watch and wait" while they prepare Hamfist Intervention Mk I.

Comment

I reckon this PCP tulip will lead to even bigger misselling claims than PPI - when used values drop far more than PCP expected interesting small print clauses will kick in...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      Repent!!!

It's this thinkimg that got Anglo-Saxon world in debt

The only acceptable debt is mortgage and only reasonable amount
                      Yes but having the cash in the bank makes more sense than ploughing it into an asset that deprecates like a brick.

I agree the whole debt thing is bad but now contractors are grabbing a kick in the balls for getting into the higher bracket

Opex trumps capex.

Comment

Working...
                      X