• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The religion of wahhabism

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The religion of wahhabism

Time to call out the ideology which underpins Al-Qaeda, ISIS, "Syrian Opposition" & the various groups in Africa.

I've been to Saudi Arabia for work and I can tell you they preach exactly the same as all the above but are under orders to respect the Authorities (part of their religion teaches that no matter how bad your authority is you can't rise up).

Saudi is filthy rich and all the extremist filth/doctrines come from Saudi Arabia. The books are printed there for distribution and exactly the same books used by ISIS.

So until the racist xenophobes admit that our government share a big responsibility in the spread of ISIS (by palling up to Saudi) then we are going to get no closer to eradicating ISIS and their ideology. It really is as simple as going to the mother ship and stopping the printing of the vile hatred.

I'll also go as far as to say those who don't start to take action against the government for their support of Saudi Arabia, share in the responsibility of what happened yesterday in my home town. At the very least you can write to your MP and ask them to bring this up at parliament.

Here we go again!!
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Just a curveball for you

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
      There has been a lot of talk of Wahhibism in this thread.

I'd also like to point out that the prominent flavour of Islam being promulgated in UK mosques is from the Deobandi sect whose followers originally hailed from Deoband in India.

These also want to wind the clock back to the stone age and seem to like discriminating against women and gays too.

Comment

The "ideology" is contained within all copies of the Koran. It's not merely "ISIS". It's 1500 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
          Just a curveball for you
          Deobandi is another synonym for Wahabism.

Taliban & Sipah-e-Sahaba are both Deobandi and they have the same militant beliefs as Wahabis.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
            The "ideology" is contained within all copies of the Koran. It's not merely "ISIS". It's 1500 years old.
            Here is another one who has never bothered to read the Quran.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
              I've studied it thoroughly.

How do you feel about Naskh?

Comment

That's hardly a bad thing. Most of us haven't read the Bible so can't really throw that one around as criticism.
                Last edited by northernladuk; 23 May 2017, 17:02.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  That's hardly a bad thing. Most of us haven't read the Bible so can't really throw that one around as criticism.
                  Bibles are rather bigger, so cause more damage if thrown around.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Time to call out the ideology which underpins Al-Qaeda, ISIS, "Syrian Opposition" & the various groups in Africa.

I've been to Saudi Arabia for work and I can tell you they preach exactly the same as all the above but are under orders to respect the Authorities (part of their religion teaches that no matter how bad your authority is you can't rise up).

Saudi is filthy rich and all the extremist filth/doctrines come from Saudi Arabia. The books are printed there for distribution and exactly the same books used by ISIS.

So until the racist xenophobes admit that our government share a big responsibility in the spread of ISIS (by palling up to Saudi) then we are going to get no closer to eradicating ISIS and their ideology. It really is as simple as going to the mother ship and stopping the printing of the vile hatred.

I'll also go as far as to say those who don't start to take action against the government for their support of Saudi Arabia, share in the responsibility of what happened yesterday in my home town. At the very least you can write to your MP and ask them to bring this up at parliament.
                    Can't comment on the above, as I haven't had those sort of conversations, or indeed had pretty much any with any Saudis.
                    However, I don't think it is a totally outlandish comment, even with my limited knowledge.

One thing I can agree with is is about not rising up against authority but I suspect this about as much about fear of punishment more than religion.

Years ago I read an extremely good article about the (very underground (!)) rave / drugs / party scene in Iran, about the usual youth rebellion, I suppose.
                    They were more worried about the punishment when caught breaking the "rules", rather than fear of the religious element per se.
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                    X