• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Explosion in Manchester

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    Not a big draw for most Muslims I believe.
    I think you would be surprised how many Muslims drink and have drunk historically. This is a fun example:

Taybeh Oktoberfest | Taybeh Brewing Company

The growth of fundamentalism does, however, seem to have changed the disposition of many Muslims towards alcohol.

Incidentally, went to see Ireland vs Pakistan at Malahide last year and there were a good few Pakistan supporters knocking back the stout while the locals and folk from NI were munching down the Pakistani food. It's things like this that make me optimistic.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post

Incidentally, went to see Ireland vs Pakistan at Malahide last year and there were a good few Pakistan supporters knocking back the stout while the locals and folk from NI were munching down the Pakistani food. It's things like this that make me optimistic.

Fairy land thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
        There is no liberal solution to this problem. You are dealing with bullies. You must use force. We are at war, you send in your men who don't mind getting their hands dirty, to the front line. The time has come to stop talking and take direct action i'm afraid. You think the mancs are going to take this on the chin- I doubt it. Expect physical invasion of known extremist mosques by the weekend.
        Are you saying that the British government should continue arming ISIS and then fighting them?
        The first thing to do is to stop arming them. But that means the Tory government must go. No ifs no buts.
        People who are voting Tory are saying that they are happy for ISIS to be supplied weapons from the UK.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I think you would be surprised how many Muslims drink and have drunk historically.
          I'm not.

I always thought it was amusing that at a certain time of year those drinkers would stop drinking but continue to eat at work during the day.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            Fairy land thinking.
            I take a balanced view. Some things make me optimistic and some make me pessimistic. If you want to take an unbalanced view, then go ahead.

Comment

I think you would be surprised how many Muslims drink and have drunk historically. This is a fun example:

Taybeh Oktoberfest | Taybeh Brewing Company

The growth of fundamentalism does, however, seem to have changed the disposition of many Muslims towards alcohol.

I have drunk and smoked hashish with Muslims in India, Pakistan and Morocco.
              Always hidden and always within their business premises or house.

That was back in the late 1980's.
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

[/B]

Report back on Monday on what actually happens.
                So far they've managed to chargrill the door of a mosque in Manchester

link

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                  I have drunk and smoked hashish with Muslims in India, Pakistan and Morocco.
                  Always hidden and always within their business premises or house.

That was back in the late 1980's.
                  Morocco is a wine producer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moroccan_wine

Comment

I take a balanced view. Some things make me optimistic and some make me pessimistic. If you want to take an unbalanced view, then go ahead.
                    Fairy land logic to.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                      Fairy land logic to.
                      You're just putting random words together now.

Comment

Working...
                      X