• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Explosion in Manchester

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    It's only our restraint which is preventing massive bomb attacks, such as Bee suggests. It's war. Innocents die. The side that seeks to maximise that (Daesh) is certainly on lower moral ground than those who are seeking to minimise it.
    Unfortunately, innocents may die, it's true but meanwhile, we see our innocents dying.

It's nice to have the politically correct version, I agree with you. The war must be avoided but it's not working.

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
      but perhaps whilst they're still in that "kill all the infidels" phase, we shouldn't go poking the hornet's nest too much?
      So you think we should just pull up the drawbridge and stay out of the world until some thugs who are living in the 6th century finally realise it's not working out for them?

You think that if we were not involved that somehow we would not be a target? I think we'd be every bit as much of a target. Don't recall the Germans being particularly actively involved in the Gulf War. They seem to have had a few "issues".

These people hate our lives, hate our freedoms. They do not want to live in peace and harmony. They want domination and subservience.

You think if we walked away that the Yazidi's, Alawitts, Suni, Shia, Christians and all the other religious communities currently living in the Middle East would all be able to live in harmony, free from oppression from ISIS and their ilk?

Comment

Just invite them round for tea?

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
          You think that if we were not involved that somehow we would not be a target? I think we'd be every bit as much of a target. Don't recall the Germans being particularly actively involved in the Gulf War. They seem to have had a few "issues".
          They had "issues" because they had far more troops in the region than you might think.

Funny that, isn't it? That the countries most "targeted" by terrorism are the ones most active in the war in the middle east.

Comment

Funny that, isn't it? That the countries most "targeted" by terrorism are the ones most active in the war in the middle east.
            Don't recall there being a big Belgian military contingent. Perhaps you could produce their culpability figures?
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              Don't recall there being a big Belgian military contingent. Perhaps you could produce their culpability figures?
              Yes, because that's how it works. The numbers of terror attacks you receive is directly related to the exact number of troops you had there.

The linked article clearly shows that Belgium had troops there, and the countries that were, generally, most active/had the most troops are the ones who have, generally, suffered the most.

Comment

Ri-i-i-ight. So killing innocent people is perfectly fine, so long as your "motives" are correct? Gotcha.
                By Jove, I think he's got it. Now we can argue over what the motives are, and whether they are correct.

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                Just invite them round for tea?
                Andrew White, the so-called "Vicar of Baghdad" tried that. They said they'd come, but they'd chop off his head. They said they'd come, but they'd chop off his head.

He said: "Isil will not be controlled by bombs from above; you will only manage to subdue them with troops on the ground" I think he is right.

Whereas the countries that suffer most from Islamist terrorism are those in the Middle East.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Explosion in Manchester

Deleted
                  Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 24 May 2017, 10:02.
                  http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Funny isn't it? The countries targetted are the ones who support freedoms that the terrorists would never extend to others.

How you can excuse the murder of children by a person because of the supposed actions of another is beyond me?

Guess what? I am outraged by this callous act. Guess what? It doesn't justify me car-bombing the local mosque.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      By Jove, I think he's got it. Now we can argue over what the motives are, and whether they are correct.
                      So if my motives are something as asinine as "Because it's monday" who is to tell me that that isn't a sufficiently "correct" motive?

Whose motives are correct? Whose motives are better? Who watches the watchmen?

Comment

Working...
                      X