• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Explosion in Manchester

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
    Ofc it's islam fault and their book that says the can kill lie etc to infidels.
    So then IRA is the fault of Christianity and especially protestants....

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
      Doesn't the Old Testament say something similar? How do you think the Crusaders got the predominently pagan Britons to worship "God"?

"The Sun is not your God. This invisible deity is your new God, now worship him on pain of death". Something along those lines, wasn't it?
      Yeah but the main difference is that we stopped following it literally about 300 years ago.

Not sure when I last remember a Chrisitan blowing himself at a kids pop-concert.

Or burning someone to death in a cage. Or beheading a captive. Or driving a car into a crowd of people.

And there are a lot of persecuted Christians in the Middle-East, in Pakistan.

Following your logic they should start car-bombing.

Comment

Doesn't the Old Testament say something similar? How do you think the Crusaders got the predominently pagan Britons to worship "God"?

"The Sun is not your God. This invisible deity is your new God, now worship him on pain of death". Something along those lines, wasn't it?
        what? christianity is another bulltulip. All religions should be eradicated, but islam should be first as it's the most toxic.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Not just places of religion. Anywhere where more than, e.g. 3 people gather on a regular basis.
          Bit nazi germany that one....

Comment

what? christianity is another bulltulip. All religions should be eradicated, but islam should be first as it's the most toxic.
            shute you are starting to make sense I'm off for a lie down.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
              So then IRA is the fault of Christianity and especially protestants....
              While the troubles in Ireland were split along religion, the actual religions themselves were not the drivers for the troubles. In the middle east simply being the wrong type of Muslim can be enough for you to meet your maker!
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

And there we have it...

"In videos posted online, Isil supporters said the attack was revenge for the UK's involvement in the bombing campaign against Isil in Iraq and Syria"
                It might have been the perpetrator's motive (nobody knows yet), but Daesh supporters want you to think that someone how they directly instigated this. Well done for falling for their propaganda.

Big difference is that we (the West) are not targeting innocents. We seek to minimise innocent casualties. Daesh seek to maximise them - whether they kill them themselves, or by putting them deliberately in harm's way of military. You might think that we shouldn't be involved in military action at all. That's fine. But don't pretend that our participation in any way shape or form justifies what Daesh and their ilk do.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I'll agree with you on that point. I don't care which made up god you believe in. It's all bollocks
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                    Yeah but the main difference is that we stopped following it literally about 300 years ago.

Not sure when I last remember a Chrisitan blowing himself at a kids pop-concert.

Or burning someone to death in a cage. Or beheading a captive. Or driving a car into a crowd of people.

Happened in Ireland in the 70s & 80s. People who called themselves "Christian" were responsible for murdering and torturing others. Many of the bodies have not been found.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post

No, I'll give you that. I'm not religious myself and I firmly believe that religion is the single biggest cause of bloodshed the world over.

I don't believe the Christians should start car-bombing at all, but I've often said that the main difference between Christianity and Islam is about 300 years.

Point is, Islam is now where Christianity was 300 years ago. Christians ultimately realised that continual killing, even in God's name, would produce at best a Pyrrhic victory, so they "mellowed". Islam will no doubt do the same in another 300 years, but perhaps whilst they're still in that "kill all the infidels" phase, we shouldn't go poking the hornet's nest too much?

Comment

Working...
                      X