• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Explosion in Manchester

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's not jump to any rash conclusions, people, until we've heard what Katie Hopkins has to say.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      When was the last time the "community" or religious group dobbed in one of their members. Be interested to see this.
      I strongly suspect that an awful lot of this already happens, hence the reason why we have not suffered such a tragedy since 7/7.
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        I strongly suspect that an awful lot of this already happens, hence the reason why we have not suffered such a tragedy since 7/7.
        Combined with surveillance technology. I suspect this is what partly brought about the Northern Ireland 'peace process' and similar techniques will be involved here.

Comment

Anyone found doing this sort of thing deserves shooting.

I've read stories in the past of police tracing people who post dodgy stuff on twitter etc. Why can't we trace this? Get around there and arrest them.
          Death holds no fear for these people, they think they will be rewarded if they die for their cause, their families taken care of, their children put through school.

For every terrorist you martyr, two more rise in their place!
          Contracting is like plumbing. You're your own boss until you walk into someone's house and they tell you to take your shoes off.

Comment

Absolutely awful.....

Time to step things up. Don't tell me this guys friends/family etc had no idea. If they can prove anyone else knew about this - take them into the street and shoot them in the back of the head.

I don't buy this "one or two nutters things". When was the last time the "community" or religious group dobbed in one of their members. Be interested to see this. Too much turning a blind eye for my liking.
            Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Speculation is your forté is it not? Had this happened in the EU somewhere you'd be the first to condemn policy of Germany or Sweden. Look forward to reading about your condemnation of UK foreign policy.
            Give it a bloody rest, will you?

Comment

Originally posted by the_rangdo View Post
              And it's right at the entrance to my clients office, guess I'll be staying away tomorrow.
              Sounds like we have a mutual client then.
              Taking a break from contracting

Comment

So does this boost Theresa?

Thought Victoria Derbyshire doing OB in a black bomber jacket was a bit insensitive.

Comment

If this sort of thing continues, there's only one way to tackle it - Hit them where it hurts, in the wallet!

Make every adult Muslim resident of the UK register as such with their mosque and pay what amounts to a surety or bond on behalf of their community.

Then every time there is a terrorist incident like this, where the perp turns out to be muslim, some or all the bond is forfeit and they must pay a load more.

That in effect, or something very similar, is how William the Conqueror, with only a few thousand soldiers, subdued a nation of a million or more warlike and irate Saxons!

The comparison may sound quaint, and perhaps slightly ridiculous, but human nature hasn't changed, and any person or community who risks losing a load of money will be far more likely to report any suspicions and cooperate with the authorities.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Very sad news especially for a proud manc like myself.

What has to be said now and not forgotten is that we can stop this from happening but our government chooses not to.

We have to point at the mother ship of terrorism once again and this is not to forget the victims but to point out their death must not be in vain.

How the British public can tolerate Trump dancing and prancing around with the very creators of ISIS is beyond me. We all need to stand up, be counted and hold our governments to account.

Comment

As good as the security services are and UK is probably one of the worlds best the only solution to this is a political one, getting one person across the UK's hundreds of miles of border with an explosive vest and transport to any UK venue is just too easy.
                      Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Working...
                      X