• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cut through lawnmower cable

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Don't know. But the trick is to spread the powder on a wet patio and let it soak (apparently in sunshine helps but not sure myself), and then sweep it away later with water. If you don't have a drain to sweep it towards it may be a problem. Maybe best leave for the oil stain.
    This is how Northern Ladies clean their bedsheets. It'll also get ingrained Scania oil out of concrete, if you're suffering from that issue.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
      This is how Northern Ladies clean their bedsheets. It'll also get ingrained Scania oil out of concrete, if you're suffering from that issue.
      You Northerners really are tight barstewards .

This is how we do it down South, you should buy the Mrs. one of these:-

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I use a dilute solution of Jeys fluid, brush that in and let it dry, your flagstones stay green/algea free for months.

It is also quite harmful to cats so should keep the fookers from next door leaving me tulipty gifts every other morning.

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
          I use a dilute solution of Jeys fluid, brush that in and let it dry, your flagstones stay green/algea free for months.

It is also quite harmful to cats so should keep the fookers from next door leaving me tulipty gifts every other morning.

qh

But, surely, if the Jeys solution is too dilute it could upset the cats stomach and make the problem worse.

That's why you have to ensure you get the concentration "just right"
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post

qh
            He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
              Is it water based? I've had funny results with those.
              Perhaps , its cuprinol
              http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/cuprinol-garden-shades---barleywood---25l-372620?_$ja=tsid:49590|cid:320622016|agid:13852806 496|tidla-171764970016|crid:61676033176|nw:g|rnd:14425655981 406398737|dvc:c|adp:1o1&gclid=CKH53ZiFhtQCFdiCsgod WIsAzA

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post

qh
                You do know this is a war you cannot win.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
                  Perhaps , its cuprinol
                  http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/cuprinol-garden-shades---barleywood---25l-372620?_$ja=tsid:49590|cid:320622016|agid:13852806 496|tidla-171764970016|crid:61676033176|nw:g|rnd:14425655981 406398737|dvc:c|adp:1o1&gclid=CKH53ZiFhtQCFdiCsgod WIsAzA
                  The ones I've used seem to form some rubber/plastic coating over the surface of the wood rather than penetrating it like creosote from days of yore. It means that it takes about three coats to get an even colour and needs re-coating every couple of years.

I've switched to stuff similar to creosote for fences and the like. Sadly it doesn't come in any attractive colours. You can still get creosote by the way, but there are fairly strict rules about who can buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    But, surely, if the Jeys solution is too dilute it could upset the cats stomach and make the problem worse.

Apparently it kills them.

When I was using some yesterday I ensured next door's cat wasn't anywhere near. Now other cats I don't care.....
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Apparently it kills them.

When I was using some yesterday I ensured next door's cat wasn't anywhere near. Now other cats I don't care.....

You better PM quackhandle and let him know straight away.......

Oh, hang on
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X