• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cut through lawnmower cable

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it was me I'd just go to my shed and choose from one the many cables I'd kept from previous defunct lawn mowers just in case they might come in handy.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Am surprised no one has a robot lawnmower, a few years back some contractors said they had it and it was good.

When I stop working (hoping soonish in a couple of years) I want to get rid of the lawn and plant my own food.... have an urban homestead !
      What is this obsession with lawn?? What use does a lawn have ?? put your land to better use and grow your one food

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
        Am surprised no one has a robot lawnmower, a few years back some contractors said they had it and it was good.

When I stop working (hoping soonish in a couple of years) I want to get rid of the lawn and plant my own food.... have an urban homestead !
        What is this obsession with lawn?? What use does a lawn have ?? put your land to better use and grow your one food
        I find lawns a good place to park the kids. Have a few veggies planted too, mainly in raised beds. I'd like to see how robot mowers avoid trimming other plants.

Comment

its hard work to get it going, but once it starts its very fast and finishes the job quick...
          That's what your missus says about you

Speaking of garden equipment... I tried to jet wash part of the patio yesterday, it used an awful lot of water, and took forever, I have the Kercher K2 ... just with the washer gun. Do I need to buy that round part to clean the stone patio? Would it waste a lot of water as well?
          I have one of these and can recommend the round thingy as excellent for doing patios - before it used to be just with a lance which resulted in soaked shoes from spray - now a thing of the past and just how good it cleans the flags is surprising - also worth noting it does walls equally well
          Only criticism is that being tall it means I have to stoop when using

HTH
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
            I find lawns a good place to park the kids. Have a few veggies planted too, mainly in raised beds. I'd like to see how robot mowers avoid trimming other plants.
            I expect they stop at borders.

Yes for young kids lawn is good, for me its not really used, I have a large patio and raised balcony that I use to sit / eat / BBQ / have parties, but the lawn is just there, not used, just demands to be cut every week or two... I will either put it to a good use making my garden look like an allotment lol or move out of the city and find a place with a large garden in the country to plant...

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
              That's what your missus says about you
              I happen to be a woman ... my hubby passed away some years ago as he had cancer..

Originally posted by Troll View Post
              I have one of these and can recommend the round thingy as excellent for doing patios - before it used to be just with a lance which resulted in soaked shoes from spray - now a thing of the past and just how good it cleans the flags is surprising - also worth noting it does walls equally well
              Only criticism is that being tall it means I have to stoop when using

HTH
              thanks

Comment

...What is this obsession with lawn?
                Well, you've got to have somewhere for next door's cat to crap on.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

+1 for getting an electric mower.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Well, you've got to have somewhere for next door's cat to crap on.
                    Next door's cat likes lying on mine so he's away from the kid who lives next door.

He gives me evils when I go out and do stuff which means he can't lie there.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I expect they stop at borders.
                      Especially after Brexit.

Comment

Working...
                      X