• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cut through lawnmower cable

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Did a quick search, as I may want to buy a jet washer soon to clean a concrete courtyard.

Looks to me like the K2 wouldn't jet the skin off a rice pudding, and what you want is something like this bad boy

(If anyone knows a more professional jet washer for cleaning concrete patios and litchen off walls etc, I'd be interested.)
    Agree with the K2 statement - I have this one HD7125X (except mine is all yellow)
    160 versus your 130 bar pressure
    Love the hose management system (but you need to lube the reel spindles with Vaseline or similar)
    Hate the hose at the back for adding detergent -always tangling up when winding power cord in
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      Love the hose management system (but you need to lube the reel spindles with Vaseline or similar)
      Hate the hose at the back for adding detergent -always tangling up when winding power cord in
      There you go again.

I'm getting seriously worried now
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        There you go again.

You sick puppy

Comment

Vaseline is not a suitable lubricant. Lithium spray on grease in a can

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/i48/One-P...400/B0032NIWHK
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
            Vaseline is not a suitable lubricant. Lithium spray on grease in a can

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/i48/One-P...400/B0032NIWHK
            If it was metal to metal contact then I'd agree - but both parts are plastic so no need

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              There you go again.

As long as you aren't one of his neighbour or tenants don't worry.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

So back to the lawnmower situation - the cable is long enough to just fit another plug and I can just buy a longer extension lead. Plug fitting is a double insulated type and has no earth cable which I understand is common these days.

Is it okay to fit a standard non double insulated plug ?

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
                  So back to the lawnmower situation - the cable is long enough to just fit another plug and I can just buy a longer extension lead. Plug fitting is a double insulated type and has no earth cable which I understand is common these days.

Is it okay to fit a standard non double insulated plug ?
                  If you mean the white ones then yes - although they are prone to breaking if knocked about - screwfix do a tough black plug for £1.63 which would be a better bet

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
                    Would the biological washing powder be poisonous for the plants? I have vegetables and fruit in my garden and the patio water would drain to that areas, so am very careful no to use any chemicals. Am almost sure any detergent would harm the plants.
                    My understanding of biological washing powders is that they contain enzymes which can break down certain substances that may have soiled your clothing. These enzymes, I believe, promote the growth of algae so it's not a good idea to allow it to contaminate any watercourses since these algae themselves can be toxic to your plants and pets/wildlife.

Regular detergents themselves shouldn't be harmful. I can remember the great drought of 1976 when we were subject to a hosepipe ban for the whole summer. Everything that went into the drains was diverted into a huge water butt; bathwater, washing up water, water from the washing machine - the lot and it certainly didn't do our plants any harm.

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
                      My understanding of biological washing powders is that they contain enzymes which can break down certain substances that may have soiled your clothing. These enzymes, I believe, promote the growth of algae so it's not a good idea to allow it to contaminate any watercourses since these algae themselves can be toxic to your plants and pets/wildlife.

Regular detergents themselves shouldn't be harmful. I can remember the great drought of 1976 when we were subject to a hosepipe ban for the whole summer. Everything that went into the drains was diverted into a huge water butt; bathwater, washing up water, water from the washing machine - the lot and it certainly didn't do our plants any harm.
                      If you must use a semicolon, please do so in the way you were taught for your CSE English.

Comment

Working...
                      X