• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time to Die...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to Die...

Interesting alternative to cremation or burial - using alkaline hydrolysis to basically cleanse the tissue away and then grind down the bones that are left

Being closer to the end than the beginning, thoughts turn to how you want to go
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

It's official called Resomation. (Resomation)

Only just been made legal as last time I checked it was still under review from Government.

Not sure that having a way to 'conveniently' dispose of a body and leave no footprint is a good thing....

Comment

What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I'd still prefer to be stuffed. I'd make a great decoration in the corner of somebody's living room.

PS No rude jokes about being stuffed or "get stuffed" thank you.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Genius if its truly better and cleaner I will want this.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I'd have thought the most efficient process would be to place the body in an airtight chamber then pump out all the air.

In the resulting vacuum all the water (90% of the body) would evaporate, rapidly I think, leaving a dry husk which could then be cremated, or ground up for fertilizer, far more easily and efficiently.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              I'd have thought the most efficient process would be to place the body in an airtight chamber then pump out all the air.

In the resulting vacuum all the water (90% of the body) would evaporate, rapidly I think, leaving a dry husk which could then be cremated, or ground up for fertilizer, far more easily and efficiently.
              not a bad idea.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

How about burying in the woods without a coffin, or at sea. As long as the body isn't wrapped in anything to prevent decomposition, or that would poison the flora and fauna, then nature will use the nutrients quite quickly. This then doesn't require harmful alkalis (such as are used in resomation) and it means that the natural processes take place as they would for any other animal
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  How about burying in the woods without a coffin, or at sea. As long as the body isn't wrapped in anything to prevent decomposition, or that would poison the flora and fauna, then nature will use the nutrients quite quickly. This then doesn't require harmful alkalis (such as are used in resomation) and it means that the natural processes take place as they would for any other animal
                  This is a bit of a thing - being buried in what accounts to no more than a grow bag with a sapling in it - as you decompose the tree is fed and low and behold you become a tree!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    ... it means that the natural processes take place as they would for any other animal
                    Unfortunately that "natural process" often includes being dug up and torn apart and scattered by foxes!
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X