• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More Daily Mail Anti-Europe Rhetoric

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Daily Mail Anti-Europe Rhetoric

Unbelehrbare: 'Brexit virus' feared in sausages imported from Europe | Daily Mail Online

If it:

is infecting more than 60,000 in Britain annually
    Then where did they get this figure from if:

since 2010, with 1,244 reported in 2016 to 368 six years earlier
    Germany is a very large consumer of pork yet I don't know anyone who has had this (*). Made up bollocks I suspect...

(* cue idiotic/racist/anti-Europe comments from the Leavers...)
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Unbelehrbare: 'Brexit virus' feared in sausages imported from Europe | Daily Mail Online

If it:

Then where did they get this figure from if:

Germany is a very large consumer of pork yet I don't know anyone who has had this (*). Made up bollocks I suspect...

(* cue idiotic/racist/anti-Europe comments from the Leavers...)

You seriously need to get a fooking life.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Right you are.

Dr Harry Dalton, a gastroenterologist at Exeter University, told a conference on neurological infectious diseases HEV had become a major threat.

The Times reported he said: 'I call it the Brexit virus. It attacks the liver and nerves, with a peak in May.

Comment

I cant believe I read this garbage, how do I fix my dailmail.co.uk addiction

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

You seriously need to get a fooking life.
          Looks who's talking
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by dotcom12 View Post
            I cant believe I read this garbage, how do I fix my dailmail.co.uk addiction
            I usually read the Guardian, after that I feel guilty for being a white, straight, male who isnt homeless. Then I read the DM then I feel slightly better, then next I'm onto the Express. Usually I have finished my daily poo around the express time and feel better all round.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
              Right you are.

2010: Virus warning over undercooked pork after three die - Telegraph

RESEARCHERS based at the Royal Cornwall Hospital in Truro have been given £337,000 to carry out a two-year study into a rare form of hepatitis – hepatitis E. | Cornwall Live
              However, in the cases being seen in the UK it is the middle-aged and elderly, particularly men, who are getting it. Since we have started looking we have seen 55 cases, mainly in Cornwall but also Devon, and some patients have died as a result."

It is believed a large proportion of cases in the UK are caused by contact with pigs and products from pigs.
              You don't perhaps think that some little Eurosceptic scrote at the Mail might have just inserted their own bollocks into an old story?

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                You don't perhaps think that some little Eurosceptic scrote at the Mail might have just inserted their own bollocks into an old story?
                Gosh. No.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                  Gosh. No.
                  Blimey, it was 65,000 back in 2014: Hepatitis E in pork could be making tens of thousands ill | Daily Mail Online

One in 10 sausages 'carries risk of hepatitis E virus' - BBC News

But then it was also British sausages:

And more than 60 per cent of these are now acquired in the UK – suggesting at least 40,000 may be linked to food such as sausages.
                  Was the doctor mentioned in the Times article (paywall)? The thing I'm trying to point out is that the Mail is putting their own prejudiced slant on it...You're intelligent enough to realise that but your average CUK reader along with millions of other deluded fools aren't

Comment

However, in the cases being seen in the UK it is the middle-aged and elderly, particularly men, who are getting it.."

It is believed a large proportion of cases in the UK are caused by contact with pigs.
                    That's Camoron ****ed then.

Comment

Working...
                    X