• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Got valuation for car...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got valuation for car...

£25,610. About right, if you ignore some nice options I had.

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Isn't it negotiable? The only time this happened to me was in the US and I ended up getting 20% more than their initial offer after evidencing (carefully selected ) equivalent examples on the market.

Comment

Sub-€30k? Ouch!!

Comment

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Listed today but no price quoted.

Soviet tank T 34 For Sale (1943) on Car And Classic UK [C833429]

Comment

So now you find the one on autotrader with the same options and start negotiating on price. The first offer is not the final one you can argue it...
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              So now you find the one on autotrader with the same options and start negotiating on price. The first offer is not the final one you can argue it...
              That's what I thought. It hasn't happened to me in the UK, as I mentioned, but I ended up with a lot more than the initial offer when this happened to me in the US.

Comment

Time to put an ad on autotrader using pre-curbed photos, asking for the value you think it's worth.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Done it during phone call, they would not offer a quid more - they said it's higher than Glasses recommended value because of relatively low miles on car and very good condition...

To be fair it's not far off £27-28k range, so close enough, so agreed.

At least now I know the claim total, so can get quote for a new motor...

Comment

Done it during phone call, they would not offer a quid more - they said it's higher than Glasses recommended value because of relatively low miles on car and very good condition...

To be fair it's not far off £27-28k range, so close enough, so agreed.

At least now I know the claim total, so can get quote for a new motor...
                    Deposit on 911 Turbo S sorted then?

Or just rent one.

https://www.contracthireandleasing.c...911/197011914/
                    Last edited by DimPrawn; 20 May 2017, 09:55.

Comment

Working...
                    X