• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lib DEm manifesto

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lib DEm manifesto

General election 2017: Lib Dem manifesto pledges new EU referendum - BBC News

Will they scrap tuition fees?

If there is a vote on Brexit after deal with EU is agreed and people vote against, won't we be leaving anyway?

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

If there is a vote on Brexit after deal with EU is agreed and people vote against, won't we be leaving anyway?
    We are leaving. The only discussion is about on what terms we leave. Reversing it means re-applying for membership; that would go down well...
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      We are leaving. The only discussion is about on what terms we leave. Reversing it means re-applying for membership; that would go down well...
      Try, try and try again. Copyright SNP and Lib Dems 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

That single pledge alone gets my vote

I've always voted Tory, ever since the Thatcher days, but they've lost my vote due to the lies, and more lies. Can't be trusted.

Never voted Labour and never will.
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Bull The EU have said themselves the UK can withdraw their notice of leaving at any time.

Comment

The BBC coverage made their manifesto look very thin though I wasn't sure if they actually released it officially yet?

No, until we've left we can change our minds. A50 can be withdrawn.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              The BBC coverage made their manifesto look very thin though I wasn't sure if they actually released it officially yet?

Even after we've left we can rejoin....who knows

I think though we will end up like Switzerland and Norway.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                Even after we've left we can rejoin....who knows

I think though we will end up like Switzerland and Norway.
                But poorer?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

You miss the point. Any party claiming to reverse the majority decision to leave will not be in government for the duration of A50.

Even if the Lib Dems quadruple their number of seats - optimistic but possible - that gives them a whole 32 MPs - a coachload rather than a minicab full but not worth worrying about. And none of the other parties will go into coalition with them anyway.

You can promise anything you like if you know you'll ever be in a position to deliver it. And look how long the Lib Dem manifesto lasted when Clegg came into power with Cameron...
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

And none of the other parties will go into coalition with them anyway.
                    That's what the others say. If there is a chance of getting into power attitudes can change.

Comment

Working...
                    X