• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Official (if AtW allows) Labour Manifesto Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
    All I have to say for now (because I haven't read much of it in detail) is...three and a bit pages isn't really what I'd call "comprehensively costed":

http://www.labour.org.uk/page/-/Imag...s%20Future.PDF
    More or less than you'd expect in a manifesto typically?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      More or less than you'd expect in a manifesto typically?
      Maybe, but then maybe they shouldn't be talking it up so much...

This is the most comprehensive costing exercise, provided by any political party, at an election in recent times. It is published to allow informed scrutiny and debate in this election campaign.

Comment

Recruit an additional 10,000 police officers to work on community beats - 0.3bn
        Diane Abbott math again i see...

30k/per bobby, OKish for salary + erNI, but I guess uniforms, gear, training, HR/admin/back office are free in Laborland

Comment

Maybe, but then maybe they shouldn't be talking it up so much...
          Don't worry the "decent" policies will at some point be stolen by the Tories to stay in power and provide a strong and stable government rather than a Britain for the many not the few.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Don't worry the "decent" policies will at some point be stolen by the Tories to stay in power and provide a strong and stable government rather than a Britain for the many not the few.
            The elections will be abolished by Empress May the First in order to save public valueable time "voting"

You've heard it on here first!!!

Comment

Bit of a boob here

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ed4_1494942083

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post

Comment

All I have to say for now (because I haven't read much of it in detail) is...three and a bit pages isn't really what I'd call "comprehensively costed"
                  Would you expect the Tory manifesto to be more comprehensively costed, or just to say "strong and stable" and that be the end of it?
                  Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
                    Would you expect the Tory manifesto to be more comprehensively costed, or just to say "strong and stable" and that be the end of it?
                    Nah, they will just say that they are a party of low taxes...

Comment

Jeremy Corbyn has defended the appointment of a former Communist Party member who once expressed "solidarity" with North Korea to his election campaign team.

The Labour leader said he did not believe Andrew Murray was a Stalinist and stressed his "special skills" were being used to "temporarily" help the campaign.

Jeremy Corbyn defends appointment of former communist party member | The Independent
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X