• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Official (if AtW allows) Labour Manifesto Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
    which ward are you standing in?

i'll happily vote for the other guy/gal

Well, at least I've got guaranteed vote from your missus...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Well, at least I've got guaranteed vote from your missus...

Comment

Under New Labour (Brown) threshold was £150k for 50% tax.
        It was never 100k? Apologies for not checking.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          It was never 100k? Apologies for not checking.
          No, it was never (under Brown) at £100k, they made more evil plans - by removing personal allowance they effectively created 60% tax level in £100-120k range, it's not coincidence that Korbyn lowered £150k threshold to where that range ends, Tory Scum were also happy to maintain it!

Comment

No, it was never (under Brown) at £100k, they made more evil plans - by removing personal allowance they effectively created 60% tax level in £100-120k range, it's not coincidence that Korbyn lowered £150k threshold to where that range ends, Tory Scum were also happy to maintain it!
            This is the sort of crap I hate about politics. By all means, increase the marginal rates if you want, but provide the personal allowance to everyone. Having an effective marginal rate of 60% (this would be 70% under Corbyn) before declining again is utterly ridiculous and can only encourage avoidance. Yet it's politically unpalatable to change it.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
              This is the sort of crap I hate about politics. By all means, increase the marginal rates if you want, but provide the personal allowance to everyone. Having an effective marginal rate of 60% (this would be 70% under Corbyn) before declining again is utterly ridiculous and can only encourage avoidance. Yet it's politically unpalatable to change it.
              Yup, totally dishonest fookers - while they were increasing personal allowance they were cutting top threshold for 40% taxpayers to balance it, whilst at the same time fooking over people with 60% effective taxation in ever increasing range of £100-12xk.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Comment

All I have to say for now (because I haven't read much of it in detail) is...three and a bit pages isn't really what I'd call "comprehensively costed":

http://www.labour.org.uk/page/-/Imag...s%20Future.PDF

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
                      All I have to say is...three and a bit pages isn't really what I'd call "comprehensively costed":

http://www.labour.org.uk/page/-/Imag...s%20Future.PDF
                      The students on Twitter would beg to differ.

There's nothing like learning things the hard way.

Comment

Working...
                      X