• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Greek Islands

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
    Mykonos & Santorini are very nice.

I've seen the pics of Santorini - it really does look like the quinnessential Greek island with all those whitewashed buildings - but wouldn't it get very crowded with day trippers off cruises and neighbouring islands?

I remember once visiting Capri & spent the whole time trying to escape the hordes of snap happy Chinese tourists.
    Last edited by Pip in a Poke; 15 May 2017, 15:38. Reason: Mispelt Quinntessential

Comment

Cyprus.
      Visit the North, tell everyone you meet how much you 'love this Greek Island'.

Comment

I really enjoyed Thassos, very green, and a little different from the southern islands.

Comment

Careful when asking for a full Greek from a masseur
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

well, talking about island summer holidays,

Benes Invoicing Ltd and Family, are off island hopping again this summer...

8 nights on Lastovo followed by 8 nights on Vis

driving down and taking the ferries from Split

you can keep your Greek islands, I'll take the Dalmation islands any day, and the nicest thing is, the riff-raff haven't discovered them... yet

Milan.
            Last edited by milanbenes; 16 May 2017, 07:25.

Comment

Ferries?
              Vis is a lovely island. Sailed out to it a few years ago and then on to Bisevo. The blue cave is amazing in the sunlight.
              Drank quite a bit of Roki wine when there. Brought a bottle home, where it tasted rough as ****
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

ferries - we'll be driving down in the Taxi as I don't yet have a yacht

yep, I've noticed the local wine always tastes better on holiday

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                  well, talking about island summer holidays,

Benes Invoicing Ltd and Family, are off island hopping again this summer...

8 nights on Lastovo followed by 8 nights on Vis

driving down and taking the ferries from Split

you can keep your Greek islands, I'll take the Dalmation islands any day, and the nicest thing is, the riff-raff haven't discovered them... yet

Milan.

Hmmm... I've heard that parts of that coast are frequented by German nudists and predatory homosexuals.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post

you can keep your Greek islands, I'll take the Dalmation islands any day
                    Apples and pears. You can't beat a good Greek island at the right time.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
                      Hmmm... I've heard that parts of that coast are frequented by German nudists and predatory homosexuals.
                      it's not a coast luv, they're both smalls islands 7 or so kilometres long (that's about 4 miles)

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                      X