• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Greek Islands

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greek Islands

I know it's getting aslittle late but it appears I'm going to have some time off in Jusy so I thought I'd book myself a holiday somewhere within a 3 hour flight.

I have never been to a Greek Island before, indeed I've never been to mainland Greece either so I thought it would be good to do a Greek Island this year so, yep, a Greek island it is.

Now, I obviously don't want to be going places where I'm going to be encouraged to perform sex acts in public so Falaraki is definitly off the list. Ditto Malia.

I'm thinking somewhere fairly quiet, nice tavernas, a bit of culture. I've heard Zakynthos and Zante are nice. As are bits of Crete away from all the riff raff.

Anyone got any Greek Island recommendations?

You would like Lesbos.
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Mablethorpe is a good choice if you feel the hurly-burly of Skegness might be a little too much for you.

Comment

Zakynthos is awful. Avoid. On the other hand, just nearby, Kephalonia is real nice.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
          I know it's getting aslittle late but it appears I'm going to have some time off in Jusy so I thought I'd book myself a holiday somewhere within a 3 hour flight.

I have never been to a Greek Island before, indeed I've never been to mainland Greece either so I thought it would be good to do a Greek Island this year so, yep, a Greek island it is.

Now, I obviously don't want to be going places where I'm going to be encouraged to perform sex acts in public so Falaraki is definitly off the list. Ditto Malia.

I'm thinking somewhere fairly quiet, nice tavernas, a bit of culture. I've heard Zakynthos and Zante are nice. As are bits of Crete away from all the riff raff.

Why not - you only live once and you never know you may enjoy it...

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Why not - you only live once and you never know you may enjoy it...
            +1

go for it and report back to the group please

one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
              +1

go for it and report back to the group please

Indeed - also photo's or gift

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post

Hmmmm...inneresting .

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

One way tickets are great value.

Comment

Mykonos & Santorini are very nice.
                    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Working...
                    X