• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How the EU is making a successful Brexit Difficult

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    The first one is even the EU internally realising they are taking the p1ss, the second is talking about any bill. Try reading it again.

If you don't pay a trumped up bill we will refuse to negotiate on an mutual Brexit or EU citizens rights sounds like extortion to me.
    No the EU citizens rights has priority over the bill.

The EU has clearly laid out the priorities and the order of the proceedings. This allows the negotiating partners to focus.

The UK is a bit muddled as they want to negotiate everything at once.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      The EU has clearly laid out their priorities and their order of the proceedings.
      FTFY.

Why should we do everything the lederhosen jackbooted dictators tell us? The UK has its own priorities and order of proceedings.

Comment

How the EU is making a successful Brexit Difficult

The EU has clearly laid out the priorities and the order of the proceedings. This allows the negotiating partners to focus.

How can you resolve the border with Ireland without considering the UKs future relationship with the EU at the same time?
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          So let's walk away.
          Don't fancy you and yours chances in a hard Brexit much

I want a hard Brexit, so hard the pips squeak.
          Once people have figured out that the UK economy is based in the main on debt-based consumption propped up by a ponzi housing scheme and the whole thing collapses post a hard Brexit, we can start again from ground zero.
          Hard times for some, I'll be laughing.
          Personally I want a hard brexit. However I think the UK will be fine.

Comment

does it?

Strange we kept trying to discuss it and the EU refused, then they invented the bill.

not seeing the EU giving a monkeys here.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

does it?

Strange we kept trying to discuss it and the EU refused, then they invented the bill.

not seeing the EU giving a monkeys here.
              You're getting the hang of it

If the UK negotiates with a country that is a tenth the size of the UK then obviously a certain degree of apathy will be evident if the "shrimp" starts to get a bit difficult.

When the negotiations get under way I think you'll find the UK facing a "wall of apathy". As Boris's eyes bulge with rage, most people on the continent won't give a sh*t.

In Germany Brexit is not discussed on talk shows, it only appears very occasionally in the press. Essentially Brexit is Britain's problem.

It's up to Britain to make some sensible suggestions rather than "foaming at the mouth" every time they meet a few EU officials.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

blah blah yawn whine moan
                Have you leant your login to sasguru?

Comment

I will post positive news as it occurs, however it does like the EU negotiators are becoming somewhat tougher on their position.

EU toughens negotiating position
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

I will post positive news as it occurs, however it does like the EU negotiators are becoming somewhat tougher on their position.

EU toughens negotiating position
                    odd look the give us yer fecking money is top of the list again? How can that be our Bremoaners said citizen's rights were top? Must be some mishtake.

The latest draft, which has undergone revisions by envoys from the EU’s 27 national governments and is scheduled to be approved by member states on Monday, adds that the ECJ should guarantee the implementation of the Brexit deal. It also emphasizes that discussions about future trade in services will not start until there’s been progress on the U.K.’s financial contributions, Ireland and the rights of EU citizens in the U.K. and British nationals living in the EU.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

odd look the give us yer fecking money is top of the list again? How can that be our Bremoaners said citizen's rights were top? Must be some mishtake.
                      Indeed there is, so lets look at what the EU actually states on its website:

European Council (Art. 50) guidelines for Brexit negotiations - Consilium

lo and behold, point 1 in the first phase:

To that effect, the first phase of negotiations will aim to:

provide as much clarity and legal certainty as possible to citizens, businesses, stakeholders and international partners on the immediate effects of the United Kingdom's withdrawal from the Union;
                      "Money" is the second point.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X