• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tory Majority best odds now 1/16

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tory Majority best odds now 1/16

Down from 1/100 and 1/50 a few days ago.

When I left the house the best on the market was 1/25. Odds are shortening, which is a bit worrying as I earlier placed £10'000 at 1/25 as its a dead cert.

Or is it???
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

2016 should tell you that there is no such thing as a dead cert.

You're in for a exciting election night.

Comment

Why is there no 90% tax on gambling winnings?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Look on the bright side, if the Tories lose, then you can console yourself knowing I lost 10k, and I can console myself knowing that you're going to lose 100k's

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Look on the bright side, if the Tories lose, then you can console yourself knowing I lost 10k, and I can console myself knowing that you're going to lose 100k's
          I'll console myself knowing that my hard earned money would go to hard working inside IR35 IT contractors fixing NHS ...
          Last edited by AtW; 13 May 2017, 16:54.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
            2016 should tell you that there is no such thing as a dead cert.

You're in for a exciting election night.
            Buy some incontinence nappies just in cases...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Market forces - there used to be 10% tax on winnings, but you had the option to pay 10% tax on the stake instead. The optimists paid it on the stake, but the govt always knew that brought in more tax than if people paid on winnings (since most people lost). Then the bookies all went off to Gibraltar, where there was no tax, and it was realised that if the tax was abolished, most of the betting industry jobs would stay in the UK, and that was worth more than collecting what little betting tax was left to collect.
              I agree, it is a bid mad that there is no tax on betting on horses, but God help you if you gamble on the stock market and win - Hector presents you with a nice little (not) bill for CGT.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

You want to increase tax on banks from 0.1% to 90%?

Do you know how much swans wings are these days?

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  Market forces - there used to be 10% tax on winnings, but you had the option to pay 10% tax on the stake instead. The optimists paid it on the stake, but the govt always knew that brought in more tax than if people paid on winnings (since most people lost). Then the bookies all went off to Gibraltar, where there was no tax, and it was realised that if the tax was abolished, most of the betting industry jobs would stay in the UK, and that was worth more than collecting what little betting tax was left to collect.
                  I agree, it is a bid mad that there is no tax on betting on horses, but God help you if you gamble on the stock market and win - Hector presents you with a nice little (not) bill for CGT.

The missus ain't happy. She's like 'You bet £10k!!! What if you lose?!'

Me. "Do you think Labour will win?". Answer "No fecking chance"

Logically it seems, betting 10k to win £400 seems a bit mad. Anyone reckon I'll lose???

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    The missus ain't happy. She's like 'You bet £10k!!! What if you lose?!'

Me. "Do you think Labour will win?". Answer "No fecking chance"

Logically it seems, betting 10k to win £400 seems a bit mad. Anyone reckon I'll lose???
                    10k would have bought you alot of sledges.

Comment

Working...
                    X