• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doh

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doh

Gina Miller 'wipes away tears' as she launches impassioned case against Brexit | London Evening Standard

Gina miller wipes away a tear as someone points to a definition of democracy in a dictionary.

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Gina Miller 'wipes away tears' as she launches impassioned case against Brexit | London Evening Standard

Gina miller wipes away a tear as someone points to a definition of democracy in a dictionary.
    I suppose your definition of democracy is the same as Mugabe and the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt. Winning an election gives you the right to disregard the wishes and concerns of the minorities and accuse them as being unpatriotic,
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      Winning an election gives you the right to disregard the wishes and concerns of the minorities
      or... the minorities have to respect the wishes of the majority - can't see any other way of it working
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Sir Bob Geldof slammed Brexit as "the rise of English nationalism", described Boris Johnson as an "unprincipled oaf" and branded leading Leave campaigner Michael Gove a popularist.

The rocker and long-standing political activist said he fears a European war within a few generations if Britain leaves the EU.

"Will I vote for my children to go to war or potentially my grandchildren - I will not ever," he added.
        Well I'm convinced

Give us yer feckin money, mine is in a tax haven.

Tax Research UK » Why’s Bob Geldof so tetchy about his tax affairs?
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          I suppose your definition of democracy is the same as Mugabe and the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt. Winning an election gives you the right to disregard the wishes and concerns of the minorities and accuse them as being unpatriotic,
          her intention is to overturn brexit by deceit therefore she is not respecting the majorities wishes.

Whilst I might consider her deluded I don't hold any animosity over it, I will leave that to Bremoaners. We have quite a few bad losers on this forum.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Well I'm convinced

Give us yer feckin money, mine is in a tax haven.

Tax Research UK » Why’s Bob Geldof so tetchy about his tax affairs?
            He spent years slagging off the EU, blaming their agriculture policy for causing famine in Africa. Now he's changed his tune, most likely because there's an earner in it somewhere. Hypocritical
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Dunno why people continue to bang on about democracy when only slightly over 50% voted for it, and the driving force was immigration. Would have thought such a decision would have needed a larger majority. The oild people who voted for it should have been ignored - they'll be dead soon anyway
              And beside all that rubbish, the Russian's gave us Brexit and Trump I reckon, soon to be the Labour party probably to help throw us into disarray.
              Riots soon when Labour say "Nah, Brexit sux a***, we're staying , and then Russia steps in to take over the UK to keep the peace, similar to what we did with the Falklands and Gibralter etc (lad grab), and then move their people in and later let us vote whether to leave Russia or remain part of it.
              Last edited by SuperZ; 13 May 2017, 13:05.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                or... the minorities have to respect the wishes of the majority - can't see any other way of it working
                How about... the majority understand that there is a large minority who are unhappy with the result, and try to understand their concerns?

The Brexiters here seem almost universally incapable of being gracious in victory, Instead we have this rather sad "ha ha, you lost, get over it" attitude, and a complete lack of understanding that for Brexit to actually work will require some of the issues raised by Bremainers to be addressed, rather than ignored. Or is it case of full speed ahead and damn the torpedoes? They also fail to understand that the democratic mandate only works well when it follows the rule of law. The rule of law and parliamentary sovereignty is a vital component of British democracy. The "will of the people" is not the only one - and only comes into play when parliament allows it, so it certainly isn't supreme.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  How about... the majority understand that there is a large minority who are unhappy with the result, and try to understand their concerns?

The Brexiters here seem almost universally incapable of being gracious in victory, Instead we have this rather sad "ha ha, you lost, get over it" attitude, and a complete lack of understanding that for Brexit to actually work will require some of the issues raised by Bremainers to be addressed, rather than ignored. Or is it case of full speed ahead and damn the torpedoes? They also fail to understand that the democratic mandate only works well when it follows the rule of law. The rule of law and parliamentary sovereignty is a vital component of British democracy. The "will of the people" is not the only one - and only comes into play when parliament allows it, so it certainly isn't supreme.
                  ha ha, you lost, get over it
                  HTH
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Ha, ha, you lost Gibralter, now shut the **** up and stop moaning. You are no longer part of the EU but of the Great British Disempire
                    Sad, really
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X