• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NHS Cyber attack!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Some patients are reporting that they're being told they must wait two weeks to see a GP and three months for a referral.

Oh wait.
    So things are improving then...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      Some patients are reporting that they're being told they must wait two weeks to see a GP and three months for a referral.

Oh wait.
      So, the upside is that it's actually sped up the process?

Comment

BBC reporting it's across Europe and Russia...

Ransomware attacks reported in Europe - BBC News

PANIC, IT'S THE START OF WWIII

OR WWZ.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

However, one problem was that doctors were sharing logins and bringing in games on USB sticks so thy could play around on night-shift
          That's worrying. I hope surgeons aren't playing pokemon go while they're operating. Oh look nurse, I've found pokemon in this chaps's gall bladder.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

A Doctor faces off another Cyber attack!

Comment

Can't be a*sed to check the details but saw summit about a vulnerability in MS allowed a virus to be sent by email and you don't even have to open it.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                BBC reporting it's across Europe and Russia...

PANIC, IT'S THE START OF WWIII

OR WWZ.

Oh dear. Baba Vanga was right. I'm off to the basement.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post2411631
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Bitcoin is a poor choice for ransom payment, it can be traced easily enough.

Blockchain would be an excellent use case for keeping NHS records. Encrypted end to end whilst keeping data available across the entire network in multiple nodes.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I see on line the NHS have been asked whether the latest Microsoft updates have been applied...... as an earlier post mentioned, stay on XP, this happens!
                    https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Relax (ransomware/NHS)

Empress made a statement:

• This is not targeted at the NHS, it’s an international attack, says Empress Theresa the First

Phew, thank May for that!

Comment

Working...
                      X