• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What are you doing this weekend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for asking

Curry tonight, then Charing to Wye (8 miles) on the North Downs Way tomorrow before heading to Ghent on Sunday as its Mothering Sunday in Belgium.
    Hopefully back in time to see Blackpool thump Luton 1.0

And you ?
    We got the Oystons out like we said we would

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      112 miles = iron distance?
      It sounded like a very long time for you. The I saw 2.5 miles up and 2.5 miles down. A very impressive time.
      Thanks, and yeah, 11000 feet of climbing does tend to slow me down a bit, especially with a gammy leg and 30% gradients :P I recon I could knock a couple of hours off that if I do it again next year.

Still not as fast as the mad ****er who finished first in around 5:45.

Nothing to do with Triathlons though. Distance is just a coincidence.

Next weekend is 400km around the wilds of Lincolnshire. Should be a bit faster on that one
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

TFA:

Taking BGG to a gamers fair, mostly to try out the Vive as he fancies one, but wants to have a try out before buying.

Then continuation of the back pack project & some D&D and WoW

Hope your weekend goes smoothly
        Growing old is mandatory
        Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
          What's on the shortlist?
          Can't make my mind up really ... either similar to what I had - old SL63 or reasonably recent 911 TTS or something in between, ruled out Ferraries...

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Thanks, and yeah, 11000 feet of climbing does tend to slow me down a bit, especially with a gammy leg and 30% gradients :P I recon I could knock a couple of hours off that if I do it again next year.

Still not as fast as the mad ****er who finished first in around 5:45.

Nothing to do with Triathlons though. Distance is just a coincidence.

Next weekend is 400km around the wilds of Lincolnshire. Should be a bit faster on that one
            I expected that to be flat. Still seems like a mile up and down.....

Comment

I expected that to be flat. Still seems like a mile up and down.....
              Everyone thinks Lincolnshire is flat, and bits of it are. I know, I've seen most of them from the top of the bloody hills. The big difference is the gradients, with the odd exception there is nothing really steeper than about 5% but it's rolling countryside and over that distance it adds up.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Thank you for asking. Off to my nephew's first communion.

Terrifying start to the weekend. Leaving a client site in a semi derelict former secure Victorian mental hospital I found myself locked in and it was tricky finding someone to let me out. Was a bit behind schedule to reach the train station and Google maps walking directions took me the long way round by Limerick Prison just as visiting time was finishing. I need a drink.

I remember. The in-laws don't drink.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  Thank you for asking. Off to my nephew's first communion.

Terrifying start to the weekend. Leaving a client site in a semi derelict former secure Victorian mental hospital I found myself locked in and it was tricky finding someone to let me out. Was a bit behind schedule to reach the train station and Google maps walking directions took me the long way round by Limerick Prison just as visiting time was finishing. I need a drink.

I remember. The in-laws don't drink.
                  Times must be hard.

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

What are you doing this weekend?
                    Spending £500k worth of bit coins the NHS is going to give me on doing your wife.

(Did you see what I did there? )
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                      Times must be hard.

Things are actually booming. But it takes you to some odd places

Comment

Working...
                      X