• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leaked Labour manifesto

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    Please can you stop equating fixing the NHS with putting more money in to it. The NHS is a gigantic bucket with a hole that flows straight into well versed private sector companies that treat it like a hacked fruit machine. No amount of additional funds will help any government department to solve their problem as the private sector will simply grow the price to match the funds available.

if we want to fix the NHS properly then we need to start by killing PFI stone dead. Then we need to move the vested interests away from the funding and start to properly understand the true cost of what is bought not the 1000% markup that it is sold at.
    Nice one Bob.

Couldn't have put it better myself
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Their stupid policies got absorbed into the Borg Tory party, where they are now seen as brilliant ideas.

How the Daily Mail works: same policy, different party, VERY different front page | The Poke
      New labour is alive and kicking then....

one day at a time

Comment

Please can you stop equating fixing the NHS with putting more money in to it. The NHS is a gigantic bucket with a hole that flows straight into well versed private sector companies that treat it like a hacked fruit machine. No amount of additional funds will help any government department to solve their problem as the private sector will simply grow the price to match the funds available.

if we want to fix the NHS properly then we need to start by killing PFI stone dead. Then we need to move the vested interests away from the funding and start to properly understand the true cost of what is bought not the 1000% markup that it is sold at.
        Exactly. Same goes for the MOD. Supply chain vested interests are many. Some of which connect all the way back to backbenchers I'll wager.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Exactly. Same goes for the MOD. Supply chain vested interests are many. Some of which connect all the way back to backbenchers I'll wager.
          Pretty much anything government related I would wager.
          All the consultancies in the public sector also filling their pockets.
          Most of which I assume they don't pay much tax on either.

As others have said its not the funding that's the problem, it's the sheer wastage.
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

There was a job advertised last week for data analyst MOD procurement.

I didn't bother applying.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

That manifesto is a work of art. Its has been decades since a party has unleashed a manifesto that has direct impact on families across the country and benefits everybody. This is what Corbyn is capable of. Tax the millionaires and ensure that the people at the bottom of the ladder benefit. Labour are going to win this election by a massive majority and I just cannot wait for Labour to completely change the landscape of this country.
                Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Well said. Having said that, I'm still more pro-labour and lib dem than I am cons.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post

That manifesto is a work of art. Its has been decades since a party has unleashed a manifesto that has direct impact on families across the country and benefits everybody. This is what Corbyn is capable of. Tax the millionaires and ensure that the people at the bottom of the ladder benefit. Labour are going to win this election by a massive majority and I just cannot wait for Labour to completely change the landscape of this country.
                    Taxing millionaires and big business seems like a fine idea, only problem is they don't ever pay.
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                      Taxing millionaires and big business seems like a fine idea, only problem is they don't ever pay.

Only when Tory scum are in power, once Labour are in, they will pay what is due.
                      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                      X