• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK Expats in Europe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I am going the Irish Passport route myself
    I'm going the dodgy East European geezer in the pub route
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      NLYUK putting on accents again?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Poor British refugees, don't worry most of the European countries are open to receive you all... for now.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          +1. 10 more months to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            You are quite right and the same goes for the rest of the EU. My suggestions are in support of obtaining a residents permit.

If Brexit goes horribly wrong, there were be many disappointed property owners who will be bound by the three or six month stay limitation.
            There are already a few that are sweating that the UK will no longer be bound to keep increasing their pensions in line with inflation.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
              There are already a few that are sweating that the UK will no longer be bound to keep increasing their pensions in line with inflation.
              They shouldn't have voted out then..
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMax
                Sadly my family are boringly English.

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                See if you can get one for me?
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

The Brexit trap that's closing on Britons who live in Europe

The Brexit trap that's closing on Britons who live in Europe

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...live-in-europe

UK citizens living in Europe will end up with fewer rights than EU citizens living in the UK after Brexit and fear they could be “locked in” to the country where they have moved to, it has emerged.

“The EU citizens in the UK will be able to travel freely if they want they go to another country. I can’t. I have two opportunities – one is to remain here for the rest of my life or the second is to go back to the UK. We are landlocked,”

“You regularly see the 3 million EU citizens in the UK and 1.2 million UK citizens in the EU in the same sentence as if they are in mirror positions,” he said. “They are not. UK citizens will lose all their rights, EU citizens do not. We are in a far worse position.”

UK citizens won’t lose their rights, they simply won’t be able to use them while they live in the UK,” Hole said. “They will still have the right to live in another EU country, the right to work there, the right to freedom of movement, the right to have their qualifications recognised.

Our position is we will have none of these,” he went on. “The 1.2 million UK citizens living in Europe will lose all their acquired EU rights after Brexit. How we address that remains a question her
                  I, as a UK citizen, lose my European citizen rights in 27 countries, other EU nationals lose their rights in one country the UK. Hardly a good deal for the UK and certainly not democratic or fair to those UK nationals who live in other parts of the EU,” said Bernadette Faulkner, who has lived in Munich with her British husband, Alan, since 1977.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

btw What happened with Malta issue?

Comment

Working...
                    X