• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Terrible tragedy at theme park

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    I thought that the Parents still have to pay for it?
    It's been a long time since my kids were at UK school, but I seem to recall that assistance was available for low income families for trips of this kind.

btw - try taking your kids out of school in Switzerland - fines and even criminal charges. Based on the law that children have a right to be education. Mind you, that law is very useful if your kids education is being disrupted by bullying, for example.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      But in Wales it doesn't matter what the schools teach them. You'll still land up on the dole queue with everyone else in Wales. Teach them to drive so they can get to England.
      But the BAU IT monkey job wouldn't even pay for the petrol.

Comment

I don't think I will go on one of those rides again - after what happened in Australia and now at Drayton Manor.

I googled and can't see what went wrong at Australia.

I can guess what went wrong at Drayton manor - however lets wait and see.

Oh hang on, this is CUK! *if* the girl stood up having been told not to then kids need to learn to follow the rules or there are consequences. I was told in the 1970s at primary school about a newspaper article about how a naval rating was disciplined. He got almost universal support - except for one old salt who said when he was in the navy an officer shouted "down". Everyone hit the deck. Any man not straight on the floor would have been cut in half by a flying rope that had worked loose. Sometimes the punishment is way out of proportion to the crime.

*if its not her fault* the lawyers will be rubbing their hands.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I don't think I will go on one of those rides again - after what happened in Australia and now at Drayton Manor.

I googled and can't see what went wrong at Australia.

I can guess what went wrong at Drayton manor - however lets wait and see.

Oh hang on, this is CUK! *if* the girl stood up having been told not to then kids need to learn to follow the rules or there are consequences. I was told in the 1970s at primary school about a newspaper article about how a naval rating was disciplined. He got almost universal support - except for one old salt who said when he was in the navy an officer shouted "down". Everyone hit the deck. Any man not straight on the floor would have been cut in half by a flying rope that had worked loose. Sometimes the punishment is way out of proportion to the crime.

*if its not her fault* the lawyers will be rubbing their hands.
          Financial compensation for death of a child isn't that much, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
            Financial compensation for death of a child isn't that much, I think.
            Agreed. However the lawyers will make money out of anything.

I can't imagine how the parents are feeling.

Comment

Drayton Manor theme park accident leaves girl dead | Daily Mail Online

'When the girl got up to change seats just then it hit a rock and she got knocked out of the boat and fell in the water and the water currents dragged her in. For that reason they couldn't see her after she fell in.

'The other girls then started shouting for the guards who didn't believe them that she was in there'.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Drayton Manor theme park accident leaves girl dead | Daily Mail Online

'When the girl got up to change seats just then it hit a rock and she got knocked out of the boat and fell in the water and the water currents dragged her in. For that reason they couldn't see her after she fell in.

'The other girls then started shouting for the guards who didn't believe them that she was in there'.
                Wow, someone is going to be some serious trouble :-(
                "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

If you cannot afford to pay for it then they will help cover the costs.

Actually, in my children's previous school you were asked whether you would mind paying more than the requested cost to help people who could not afford the cost as easily. That school has shut now which is tragic as it was awesome :-(
                  "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Schools aren't allowed to charge for educational trips. They ask for payment but you can refuse to pay. If enough parents refuse to pay then the trip gets cancelled so nobody goes.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                      Wow, someone is going to be some serious trouble :-(
                      On the assumption that the Daily Mail's reporting of the account of the brother of a girl who was there is accurate, probably.

I've worked on the rides at a theme park, and the one thing that got everyone running was if anything happened on a water ride.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X