• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You want top dollar, you

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I have to say, it's been a bit of a shock dropping from 250k a year back to 120k a year as a mere contractor.

But I only have to work 37.5 hours a week, my time is my own and I only have to work with ****wits having previously had to manage them.

Perm vs contract.
    Whereas once the donuts were Finest™, they're now just donuts. But you'll make do, and scoff them all the same.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

You need to wean yourself off the drugs, man.
      You can do it.
      I'm clean and serene, man.

Comment

Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
        I'm a cocksniffer, man.
        Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Based on what you've written, I think it's probably fair to pay you ¥1200 a day.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

ARE THERE PEOPLE WHO LOOK AFTER YOU???

qh
            He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
              ARE THERE PEOPLE WHO LOOK AFTER YOU???

qh
              For £1200 pd.

Comment

I'm up for renewal next month and their budget is tight.

However, I need to get over the 1200/day mark and I also need them to start paying my hotel and/or flights.

Now, given that the budget is being reduced, how do I get what I want?

Well, we are completely unsupervised on the desk... And another quant dev has done some shocking shocking work which I (and only I) know is costing the bank $.

Now, this guy has also tried to push me out to back fill me with a cheap mate of his. And guy is pals with the desk head from way back - so I'm under a serious threat .

So I'm going to have to sacrifice him. I am going to reveal his shoddy work, show the financial loss, obtain an extension and a rate increase will be offered.

I'll do this onsite, face to face. But I'll continue to do most of the work from my base in the med.

This, is how to roll.

TL;DR

You want top dollar, you have to sucky sucky, long time
                Surely
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

You want top dollar, you

I'm up for renewal next month and their budget is tight.

However, I need to get over the 1200/day mark and I also need them to start paying my hotel and/or flights.

Well, we are completely unsupervised on the desk... And another quant dev has done some shocking shocking work which I (and only I) know is costing the bank $.

This, is how to roll.

$1,200 a day.

What a pussy.

This is how I roll.

http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

You want top dollar, you

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post

This is how I roll.

I used to roll those, but still go back to £50 notes, they are more stable when rolled and you get a more even inhalation.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X