• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Juncker says ENglish becoming less important

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    To be replaced by................??????

Esperanto
    "why ride a vespa when you can push a lambretta?"

As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood."

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      English goes from being the second biggest native language in the EU to about the 15th.
      An irrelevance in the context of how widely the language is, and will remain to be, very widely spoken between the remaining 27 as the obvious universal conduit for everyday communal conversation.

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      It's a statement of fact not opinion.
      No, it is a statement of hairsplitting, pointless, desperate, pedantry.

The kind of thing your "reputation" seems to need to thrive upon.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Junker is going to make life very difficult

Comment

Juncker is a distraction. Tusk is a skilled politician with a record of surviving tough challenges and turning them into his own successes. He also has connections to the European power brokers. I'd watch what he does. Juncker holds a lot of power, but plenty of what happens during the negotiations will depend on Tusk's opinion. It would be wise for the British Prime Minister to wine and dine him too. I'd say that would help strengthen those factions within the EU that want a friendly Brexit.
          You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by squarepeg View Post
            Juncker is a distraction. Tusk is a skilled politician with a record of surviving tough challenges and turning them into his own successes. He also has connections to the European power brokers. I'd watch what he does. Juncker holds a lot of power, but plenty of what happens during the negotiations will depend on Tusk's opinion. It would be wise for the British Prime Minister to wine and dine him too. I'd say that would help strengthen those factions within the EU that want a friendly Brexit.
            Reading German Press seems like these negotiations are going to be worthless, I would tell May to save her money all the EU seem to want is a load of cash to pay for a transition period, if that is not forthcoming then it will be a very sudden exit, trade deals will still be negotiated but over many years 5 - 7 would be more likely.

Some Brexit numptes think the EU will do some special deal, just not going to happen mood over here is if your in your in and if your not then your on your own, lot of British politicians and people don't quite get it.
            Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Originally posted by motoukenin View Post
              Reading German Press seems like these negotiations are going to be worthless, I would tell May to save her money all the EU seem to want is a load of cash to pay for a transition period, if that is not forthcoming then it will be a very sudden exit, trade deals will still be negotiated but over many years 5 - 7 would be more likely.

Some Brexit numptes think the EU will do some special deal, just not going to happen mood over here is if your in your in and if your not then your on your own, lot of British politicians and people don't quite get it.
              What are your thoughts on Varoufakis's recommendation for the UK slide into the EEA like Norway, for 7 years whilst working on the FTA.

Cut out a lot of the schadenfreude...
              http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                What are your thoughts on Varoufakis's recommendation for the UK slide into the EEA like Norway, for 7 years whilst working on the FTA.

Cut out a lot of the schadenfreude...
                Sounds great, what would you be prepared to give up in return (like Norway)?

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                  Sounds great, what would you be prepared to give up in return (like Norway)?
                  Clearly the thing that is given up in that scenario is FOM. Or rather, we must stick to the 4 freedoms.

Fine, all things considered probably the best outcome, whilst we sort a longer term FTA.

I do think a lot could be done in terms of residency requirements and benefits that would help curb FOM.
                  http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                    Clearly the thing that is given up in that scenario is FOM. Or rather, we must stick to the 4 freedoms.

Fine, all things considered probably the best outcome, whilst we sort a longer term FTA.

I do think a lot could be done in terms of residency requirements and benefits that would help curb FOM.
                    The PM will lie and says everyone who comes to UK will need to have a job or proof they can support themselves, and get a special visa like Norway, Iceland and Switzerland. Then argue it's not FOM....
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      The PM will lie and says everyone who comes to UK will need to have a job or proof they can support themselves, and get a special visa like Norway, Iceland and Switzerland. Then argue it's not FOM....
                      This where I believe the UK is heading. In the EU but using "instruments" that avoid the use of the word "European".

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X