• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Got in car crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice to see you are okay AtW!

I fully expect that driver to go home, sleep on it and then claim to his insurance company that he was not at fault, AtW driving a fast car basically rammed into him.

The insurance hit on this would be huge!
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
      Nice to see you are okay AtW!

I fully expect that driver to go home, sleep on it and then claim to his insurance company that he was not at fault, AtW driving a fast car basically rammed into him.

The insurance hit on this would be huge!
      Very hard to prove given the photos.

I am thinking of getting dash cam in case of situations like this.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Not my fault, my lovely car is likely totalled
        Glad to see everyone is ok.

Regardless of fault, I think the insurance will be knock for knock (each will pay their own) unless you have insurance for uninsured losses.

Experience from friends is that repaired cars are never the same again therefore they sell them after repair.

In 49 years of driving, I have not had one claim or accident (other than rally driving off road) however, my insurance premium has doubled in three years even after shopping around!
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Oh dear! Good luck. Have you got a courtesy car? Oh and btw did you meet the DofE when you went to the palace?
          Not offered one yet, but I don't want to get 1.2L Fiesta after my car anyway...

Have not met DofE, but met a few others...

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            Regardless of fault, I think the insurance will be knock for knock (each will pay their own) unless you have insurance for uninsured losses.
            Well, we'll see how this plays out, my expectation is that his insurer will have to pick up full costs of my car - write off probably, the fixing would need to be rather extensive and it certainly won't be same car after it.

Comment

I'm not saying there's any connection, but my plan B doesn't seem to be off to a good start.

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
              My Plan B is to start a new business providing hit men to take out Internet trolls.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                AtW driving a fast car basically rammed into him.
                Got witness who was behind me and saw it (probably felt very lucky it wasn't him)

Photoes show damage - if it was me ramming him then it would be him in the wall on the other side and my car would be on the left side of the road.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

Any accident you walk away from is a good one <- Manly
                  They say that about landings, too.

Comment

glad you are ok Alexej

Nice car

On the Q7 I have an insurance product called GapXL, I took this since I bought the car new, and it promises that in the event of theft or accident, the car will be replaced with a brand new equivalent model during the first 5 years

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                      glad you are ok Alexej

Nice car

On the Q7 I have an insurance product called GapXL, I took this since I bought the car new, and it promises that in the event of theft or accident, the car will be replaced with a brand new equivalent model during the first 5 years

Milan.
                      When do you want it totalling?

Comment

Working...
                      X