• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mad ex demands more money

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    The original bill was Fantasy but TM decided not to bend over, so they've doubled the imaginary bill.

FTFY.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      FTFY.
      I think we're all now agreed with the new bill at 100 billion, the original bill will seem like a bargain if they can get it.

This is what O'Leary meant when he said everyone would wipe the floor with Britain.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        I think we're all now agreed with the new bill at 100 billion, the original bill will seem like a bargain if they can get it.

This is what O'Leary meant when he said everyone would wipe the floor with Britain.

We joined a trading block, and now we've decided to leave we find it's actually an extortion racket. Of course their rhetoric isn't actually directed at the UK, it's aimed at the voters of France, and every other member state which might be contemplating a referendum of their own.

Beyond 2019, we have some spending commitments up to 2020 (potentially our annual net contribution), and possibly some smaller commitments beyond that. The "bill" post 2019 should therefore be somewhere between £10bn and £20bn max. We would need to continue making pension contributions, or offer to "buy back" the pensions for UK MEPs and civil servants. We can deduct any UK assets, and negotiate a proportion of EU assets based on historic UK contributions.
        I doubt it will be too long before there is an unofficial boycott of certain EU products - I've already started with the French (no French Brie, wine or croissants from now on).
        Italy will be tricky - getting the missus to give up Prosecco will be harder than getting Trump off Twitter.
        Germany could be a real problem if any of our kitchen appliances fail between now and the conclusion of discussions.

Buy British! (Unless it's crap, in which case buy something else).
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          We joined a trading block, and now we've decided to leave we find it's actually an extortion racket.
          Scotland has been saying this for years. Our oil money has been used to fund failed Tory ideology throughout the decades, failed wars... I demand a refund
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Scotland has been saying this for years. Our oil money has been used to fund failed Westminster ideology throughout the decades, failed wars... I demand a refund
            FTFY

(I'll let you have that with the alteration - I'm presuming you've been away so long you have forgotten which party leader put us in Iraq and Afghanistan.)
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Disappointed. From the thread title I thought this was another contractor's ex wife on the grab

But oh no it's about bl00dy brexit.

Comment

That £92bn is probably pre-tax ;-)
                You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by squarepeg View Post
                  That £92bn is probably pre-tax ;-)
                  That 92 billion is what the FT have figured out is the bill not the EU. Not an official figure at all so **** knows why everyone keeps banging on about it...

(I have heard that it will in fact be more with daily interest )
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    That 92 billion is what the FT have figured out is the bill not the EU. Not an official figure at all so **** knows why everyone keeps banging on about it...

(I have heard that it will in fact be more with daily interest )
                    The FT was a mouthpiece for the EU throughout the referendum campaign and since. Chances are anything the FT says on the subject of "negotiations" is is at least endorsed by the EU, and it's quite possible they were fed the story to make it seem more credible than it really is.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                      The FT was a mouthpiece for the EU throughout the referendum campaign and since. Chances are anything the FT says on the subject of "negotiations" is is at least endorsed by the EU, and it's quite possible they were fed the story to make it seem more credible than it really is.
                      So by this reckoning everything that the Mail, Express, Telegraph, et. al. who were all, and still are it seems, mouthpieces for the Leave campaign makes everything they say credible?
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X