• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gillette Mach 3 vs Fusion

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sucker For Shaving Technology

I admit, I'm a sucker for the latest and greatest shaving sensations.

To me, shaving is my equivalent of Mrs. BGG's monthly woes...except mine is every fekking day.

I hate it. I hate it with a passion.

Yet, I do it, because I hate facial hair even more.

(And don't get me started on other hair. Nothing worse than going down on a lass and smelling the aroma of pi55 on her pubes...ewwwwwww. And yes, I reciprocate..veet works for me, baby)

But anyway, I digress...Mach 3 and Fusion Power.

I've used Mach 3 since it was released and was perfectly happy with it.

Then Fusion came out, and I opted for the Power model (it vibrates you see).

Shaved with it and found the shave closer and more comfortable, though there was some shaving rash.

So I switched shaving foam to the Fusion Gel..and the rash went away overnight, and the shave seemed better too.

I'm happy with the product. I can make a blade last a week.

I find the trick is to make one sweep, and swish swash in the sink. Another sweep, and a swish swash again. Keeps the blade clean and free of detrius.

If I had the money, I'd get the lot lasered off and never have to shave again.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Tonic
      See what i really want to try is the old cut throat razors.... I bet they were genuinely good, and needed manly skill to use...
      They are the best. Takes a little longer but it gives the closest shave. As long as you don't rush, you won't cut yourself.

Does my barber on Jermyn Street use a David Beckham Gillette Vibro Quattro Turbo thing? Does he bollocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
        They are the best. Takes a little longer but it gives the closest shave. As long as you don't rush, you won't cut yourself.

Does my barber on Jermyn Street use a David Beckham Gillette Vibro Quattro Turbo thing? Does he bollocks.
        I'd only pay the parcentage of my hair he cut without a Mach 3 + 20% discount in my favour, if my barber started shaving me with such a thing..... Or I'd just walk out worried about the credibility of the place....
        To be or not to be... or get someone else to be, and take the slack for it.

Comment

Real men use Wilkinson Swords.

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek
            I admit, I'm a sucker for the latest and greatest shaving sensations.

But anyway, I digress...Mach 3 and Fusion Power.

I've used Mach 3 since it was released and was perfectly happy with it.

Then Fusion came out, and I opted for the Power model (it vibrates you see).

Shaved with it and found the shave closer and more comfortable, though there was some shaving rash.

So I switched shaving foam to the Fusion Gel..and the rash went away overnight, and the shave seemed better too.

I'm happy with the product. I can make a blade last a week.

I find the trick is to make one sweep, and swish swash in the sink. Another sweep, and a swish swash again. Keeps the blade clean and free of detrius.

If I had the money, I'd get the lot lasered off and never have to shave again.

See, maybe thats what i need to do, get the appropriate shaving gel to go with it.. I used the old Mach 3 stuff, and it seems the top layer of my face disappear to leave a smooth, but slightly tacky and pinked layer of skin... which means i cant go out all night because i look like a 12 year old who nicked his dads...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
              Real men use Wilkinson Swords.
              Do you know any ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy
                Do you know any ?
                I believe he or somebody recently asserted you were

Comment

I have a battery powered Mach 3 Turbo wotsit bollocks. It slashes up my face. I was put off by the Fusion after seeing someone slash their ear on one at Bluewater as part of a demo!

Tescos dual-blade £1.99 offering does a better job with morrisons budget shaving gel.
                  I was TheMonkey

Comment

Working...
                  X