• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Proof that Theresa May is an automaton which has short circuited

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theresa May ejected from McDonald’s after repeated ‘strong, stable leadership’ responses jam drive-thru

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      Just as a matter of interest, who do you intend voting for sasguru. Serious question by the way.
      Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
      Good question. Because Labour and the DumLibs are even more nanny-staters than the Tories (which is going some, I must say). So yeah, I agreed with the comment about the nanny state 100% but can't see how anyone who says that can vote for the other parties, either. So I'm interested in that voting decision, too.
      I'll hold my nose and vote Lib Dem as they are the only party with the possibility to unseat the current incumbent Tory in my constituency.
      I've voted Tory in all previous elections by the way, but :

1) I cannot overlook the way they've put party before country by pandering to thick Brexiters to the point where they're willing to destroy the UK politically and economically
      2) they've lost the right to call themselves the party of business simply by the way their tax laws are even more byzantine than New Labour's and by the way they've deliberately targeted contractors and such-like, treating them as cash-cows.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        I'll hold my nose and vote Lib Dem as they are the only party with the possibility to unseat the current incumbent Tory in my constituency.
        I've voted Tory in all previous elections by the way, but :

1) I cannot overlook the way they've put party before country by pandering to thick Brexiters to the point where they're willing to destroy the UK politically and economically
        2) they've lost the right to call themselves the party of business simply by the way their tax laws are even more byzantine than New Labour's and by the way they've deliberately targeted contractors and such-like, treating them as cash-cows.
        Serious questions - isn't Brexit the fault of David Cameron who should never have called a Brexit vote in the first place and completely misjudged the mood of the country? What should Theresa May have done? Called another referendum?

Unserious comment - while HMRC run parliament it makes no difference who is in government.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Serious questions - isn't Brexit the fault of David Cameron who should never have called a Brexit vote in the first place and completely misjudged the mood of the country? What should Theresa May have done? Called another referendum?

Unserious comment - while HMRC run parliament it makes no difference who is in government.....
          David Cameron was/is a cockwomble but there was no one else to vote for in 2015.
          Part of the problem is a paucity of serious candidates in the opposition.
          Tim Farron is an idiot too, but like I said this election is about who you hate the most. Sad it should be so.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

but like I said this election is about who you hate the most. Sad it should be so.
            Sounds like the last time the mod election was held.

Comment

David Cameron was/is a cockwomble but there was no one else to vote for in 2015.
              He promised strong and stable government, and promised chaos if you voted the other way.

The UK fell for it then, and is falling for the same mantra once more.
              Taking a break from contracting

Comment

A "Gordon Brown-bigoted woman" type incident is needed to get this thing going...
                one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
                  He promised strong and stable government, and promised chaos if you voted the other way.

The UK fell for it then, and is falling for the same mantra once more.
                  I didn't fall for it.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
                    A "Gordon Brown-bigoted woman" type incident is needed to get this thing going...
                    I really detested GB. However he was spot on about her.

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
                      BBC radio have been obsessively repeating (literally daily, every morning) that stupid ignorant cow who when collared in the street for a (* supposedly) off-the-cuff interview and informed of the general election announcement groaned something like "Oh no, not again, ..."

As this is obviously an indirect reproach to Teresa May for calling the election, it's just one aspect of the BBC's crafty bias against the Tories without having to come out and admit it!

(*) I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out this whole street interview had been carefully staged!
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X