• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Passive Aggressive Drivers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passive Aggressive Drivers

I bought a brand new car a couple weeks back. I've got 500 miles on the clock and so far I've had two 'road rage' incidents.

When I say road rage, it's more low level than that.

First time, having picked up the car from the garage, family and wife inside and off to the airport, I come on to the sliproad on the dual carriage way and there is a tulipty car doing about 35/40 miles an hour. So as I'm talking to the missus, I actually hold back thinking the car will accelerate and deciding not to burn past him on the sliproad.

He doesn't accelerate and enters the dual carriageway at 40mph, not speeding up. So I indicate, pull out and put my foot down. I pass him at about 55mph and I look over and he's passively aggressively giving me the ****** sign. Not looking across, just shaking his hand!!! So as I've gone past, I then break in the lane next to him so we pull level and I stare across him. Right pikey looking twat in a tulip car is giving me the hand signal. He then clocks me, put's his hand down as I mouth 'I'm a ****** am I?' and do it back before shooting off. Me, the missus and kids were gobsmacked.

So pop down this morning to work, on the M3 where it's gone to two lanes. Totally open road, just me and a merc ahead. I'm doing about 90mph, he's doing about 80mph. It takes a minute for me to reach him, I indicate pull out and slowly go past, an he's giving me the ****** sign!!!! Again, really passive aggressive, not looking at me, just giving me the sign!!!!

So again, I slow down, pull aside and stare at him. He then looks across, smiles and so I give him the sign back. He then bricks it and accelerates trying to keep in front, but then amazingly does it again!!!

WTF!!!

I then just sat behind him for the next 20 miles, not over taking this time and matching his speed, until eventually he bricked it and did a quick maneveur off the road.

Now I don't mind a ruck, a lot of people don't. But if someone overtakes me I don't sit there giving people handsigns. If you did that in a pub you'd get knocked out, so I don't know why some pricks feel obliged to do that in their car.

What's wierd is, it's only started since I got the new car. I don't remember anyone doing it when I overtook them in my old piece of tulip.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Why get involved, you come out of this sounding a bit angry and stressed.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      Why get involved, you come out of this sounding like a chav.
      FTFY
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        What's wierd is, it's only started since I got the new car. I don't remember anyone doing it when I overtook them in my old piece of tulip.
        Maybe its the choice of new car?

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

OK, so you met someone who was almost as aggressive as you.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Next time don't get Audi ...

Comment

Next time drive in a mask...

Comment

Don't get pissed off. Get tunnel vision, keep the window up, mind your business, increase the volume on radio. Enjoy driving your new car, it's worth more than a little bit of bravado.

I have found something quite funny myself, when I was driving an old banger, people won't budge from fast lane. In this car though, people do actually move. Probably it looks like an unmarked police car =)

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  He doesn't accelerate and enters the dual carriageway at 40mph, not speeding up. So I indicate, pull out and put my foot down. I pass him at about 55mph and I look over and he's passively aggressively giving me the ****** sign. Not looking across, just shaking his hand!!! So as I've gone past, I then break in the lane next to him so we pull level and I stare across him. Right pikey looking twat in a tulip car is giving me the hand signal.
                  Maybe he knows you from the Vulnerable Offenders Unit.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Next time don't get Audi ...
                    Nothing wrong with s Skoda. Solid car.

Comment

Working...
                    X