• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain should have no illusions about Brexit - Merkel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    Think about it for a moment...

IF the UK destabilise Europe and half the planet goes back to rat tulip what industry in the UK would possibly benefit massively from that outcome?
    Has that industry been known to pull dangerous stunts like this before and what happened as a result?

The truth is while business has been good in the middle east we have not been firing anywhere near enough weapons at each other for the past century. So as a result we have far too many humans at a point where automation might make most of them useless.

From a population reduction and profit point of view there is hardly a downside to encouraging the next massive extinction across Europe.

Dont forget we are just cattle. The elite will do fine whatever happens
    The is probably a leap here I am struggling with which is assuming Brexit = Armageddon.

Or is it the assumption that once the UK leaves the EU then war will be declared?

Bit of a jump from us leaving a failing European Parliament which while set up with the best intentions is unfortunately not realising the benefits it was set up to realise and starting WW3?

Comment

Australia is demanding that the UK sacrifices the Hill Sheep farming, the EU will demand that the UK sacrifices it's fishing grounds and its finance industry for a deal. The US will demand that the UK sacrifices the health care industry and chicken farms, India are demanding the UK sacrifices the IT industry.....
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        The is probably a leap here I am struggling with
        Is that your personal motto?

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          Australia is demanding that the UK sacrifices the Hill Sheep farming, the EU will demand that the UK sacrifices it's fishing grounds and its finance industry for a deal. The US will demand that the UK sacrifices the health care industry and chicken farms, India are demanding the UK sacrifices the IT industry.....
          There are no fishing grounds.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...l-of-fisheries

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
            ...are you pretending to be stupid ...
            Sadly no, he is really, really, thick as 2 very thick planks.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

I am struggling with
              To be fair, if you struggle with sense, why shouldn't you struggle with nonsense?
              Nothing's changed since school.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                To be fair, if you struggle with sense, why shouldn't you struggle with nonsense?
                Nothing's changed since school.
                I think if you believe that the UK leaving the EU will result in the deaths of millions of people you are a bit nuts...

Comment

I think if you believe that the UK leaving the EU will result in the deaths of millions of people you are a bit nuts...

Very few wars were waged in Europe since the EC later EU was founded. It's only non EU countries like RUssia that start wars in Europe at the moment and it's the same Russia that likes to see the EU fall apart and actively supports the Le Pens and Farages of this world

Comment

Bit of a jump from us leaving a failing European Parliament which while set up with the best intentions is unfortunately not realising the benefits it was set up to realise and starting WW3?
                    Not if you look at the current economic stagnation, growing inequality and debt pile, and how the EU countries deal with migration from non European country's...

It wont be an over night thing but consider this:

How happy will a member country be when they see their own GDP fall because the EU has screwed the UK with a tariff on cheese or beer imports?

How cheerful would France be when they find out that the UK no-longer accept asylum claims coming from anyone that crosses the channel? So far the rules state that asylum must be claimed in the first safe country but everyone lets their borders leak so that the next country can deal with it...

I wouldn't think it will take much to start escalations.

Comment

Well Croatia was at war before it joined the EU. Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia are not at war, whereas their neighbour the Ukraine is, and Turkey is on the edge of war.

So it isn't stupid to suggest that the EU promotes peace.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X