• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boris again

Is he Draco in disguise?

General election 2017: Labour leader a 'mugwump', says Johnson - BBC News

BBC left out the best line:

In his article with The Sun, Mr Johnson said: "The biggest risk with Jeremy Corbyn is that people just don't get what a threat he really is."

His attack continued: "They watch his meandering and nonsensical questions and they feel a terrible twinge of human compassion.

"Well, they say to themselves: he may be a mutton-headed old mugwump, but he is probably harmless."
    Boris Johnson launches attack on 'mutton-headed mugwump' Jeremy Corbyn - ITV News

When Boris is calling you meandering and nonsensical, be very afraid.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Statesman or no, on PMQ's yesterday Corbyn ask's the questions relevant of the day to the PM. Housing for example. It deserved an answer. People wanted an answer. There's folks stuck in BnB's instead of social housing. What does the Mayhem do? Bangs on about 8-10 years ago to attack the last government.

I don't understand a government that constantly looks in the rear view mirror but asks the electorate to vote for them to drive the country forward. They're politically bankrupt.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        I don't understand
        That much is painfully apparent each and every time you log on.

Comment

Statesman or no, on PMQ's yesterday Corbyn ask's the questions relevant of the day to the PM. Housing for example. It deserved an answer. People wanted an answer. There's folks stuck in BnB's instead of social housing. What does the Mayhem do? Bangs on about 8-10 years ago to attack the last government.

I don't understand a government that constantly looks in the rear view mirror but asks the electorate to vote for them to drive the country forward. They're politically bankrupt.
          well with 0.5 million people arriving every year and no housing being built during the New Lie years you can sort of see her point.

We aren't building enough houses now though.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Why is it up to the government and thus the people via taxation to house people.

Maybe lets look at why people are ending up in this situation rather than just chucking them a free meal ticket?

And if it turns out they are in that situation because they are lazy feckless muppets then let them rot.

In 25 years the UK will be free of this scourge of scroungers.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              Why is it up to the government and thus the people via taxation to house people.

Maybe lets look at why people are ending up in this situation rather than just chucking them a free meal ticket?

And if it turns out they are in that situation because they are lazy feckless muppets then let them rot.

Its up to the government to make sure enough houses are built.

The reasons for being homeless vary many are so because of their own actions But the Kids still need to be housed.

I would make Council housing 2 year contracts max 3 terms. So kids can get into School. I would make them means tested so if you earn > than average wage you pay 120% market rent.

The goal should be pushing people onto standard private housing once they have got on their feet.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

But I'd bet you'd be the first to complain about having to step over the bodies of poor people on the way to your new Montego every morning.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  But I'd bet you'd be the first to complain about having to step over the bodies of poor people on the way to your new Montego every morning.
                  original PM is a typical far-right type - just one rung above the bottom of the economy - precarious, angry and venting his anger at those just below him to preserve his dreams of respectability. One of the many tragedies is that he will be among the early victims if the safety nets of free healthcare, child benefit, working tax credits etc. disappear in the state he envisages.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    Think he'd like 'Hotel Rwanda'
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X