• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will this be the first really tactical election ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UKIP have decided to make themselves unelectable. Gibbering on about Rotherham & Burkahs.

FFS how difficult is it to say.

We will cut immigration except for highly qualified Key workers.

We will adjust benefits so work pays.

We will process asylum claims fairly and deport bogus claimants.

We will prosecute crime without prejudice or favour. We will deport foreign criminals.

We will sort out the public finances by ending PFI deals and corruption. We will spend less than wwe earn!

We will make large businesses pay their taxes & workers fairly.

We will build / make available more housing.

We will drive towards a self sufficient country to make us strong for Brexit.

We will empty the bins, look after the elderly, fight crime & fix the potholes.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      UKIP have decided to make themselves unelectable. Gibbering on about Rotherham & Burkahs.

FFS how difficult is it to say.

We will cut immigration except for highly qualified Key workers.

We will adjust benefits so work pays.

We will process asylum claims fairly and deport bogus claimants.

We will prosecute crime without prejudice or favour. We will deport foreign criminals.

We will sort out the public finances by ending PFI deals and corruption. We will spend less than wwe earn!

We will make large businesses pay their taxes & workers fairly.

We will build / make available more housing.

We will drive towards a self sufficient country to make us strong for Brexit.

We will empty the bins, look after the elderly, fight crime & fix the potholes.
      easier said that done...

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
        easier said that done...
        indeed but this is a manifesto.

its not like they are going to obey it.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
          easier said that done...

its not like they are going to obey it.

Comment

its not like they are going to ever get the chance to obey it.
            FTFY. UKIP are a one-policy party with significant murky undertones. Not that everyone in or supporting UKIP is racist or bigoted but they certainly attract such people. They have achieved their goal and will fade into obscurity unless someone backtracks in a major way on Brexit.

The worrying possibility is that with UKIP gone, their 'nasty' sub-demographic may return to a more hard-core party such as BNP, who disappeared mainly thanks to the rise of UKIP. When all those people stopped voting BNP, who do you think got their votes?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Tactical vote for LAB as in CON/LAB contested seat

Can the CON landslide be kept to a min?

Looks like a LAB wipeout - surely J-C will do the right thing and go back to grass

Parliament needs a proper opposition not a bunch of commies
              one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                FTFY. UKIP are a one-policy party with significant murky undertones. Not that everyone in or supporting UKIP is racist or bigoted but they certainly attract such people. They have achieved their goal and will fade into obscurity unless someone backtracks in a major way on Brexit.

The worrying possibility is that with UKIP gone, their 'nasty' sub-demographic may return to a more hard-core party such as BNP, who disappeared mainly thanks to the rise of UKIP. When all those people stopped voting BNP, who do you think got their votes?
                quite a few normal people voted for UKIP. Unless you believe we have 4 million racists?

It was a chance for them to rise up and provide an alternative to failing Labour & unelectable lib dems.

Unfortunately they seem to want to take the title the Racist party.

If the nasty voters return to the BNP they will be easily ignored & locked up.

Comment

quite a few normal people voted for UKIP. Unless you believe we have 4 million racists?
                  Well we quite possibly do but that's not what I said at all... I said they have murky depths and attract the racists regardless if that's actually what they stand for or not.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Well we quite possibly do but that's not what I said at all... I said they have murky depths and attract the racists regardless if that's actually what they stand for or not.
                    Indeed so its possible to transform the party and expel the racists.

UKIP could be a valid contender if they do it right.

They don't want to which is sad.

Comment

I used to like the Lib-Dems but their "cancel Brexit at any cost" mantra sticks in my throat.
                      That's not LibDem policy.
                      I don't think anyone believes that's possible, or even wise.
                      But I do think letting the Tory loons decide on the Brexit outcome is immensely dangerous for all but the very rich.
                      Unless you basically want to get closer to a feudal state again.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X