• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will this be the first really tactical election ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chopper View Post
    UKIP was a Tory project, created to generate enough national support for leaving the European Union. It has served its purpose now and they can allow it to become its own party to disintegrate in on itself whilst the Tories mop up.

As well as mopping up Labour's lost voters by having vast swathes of Tory votes join Labour in order to put Corbyn in charge.

And of course, you can add in a bit of gerrymandering in time for 2022.
    Fooks sake get your tin hat out.

Really it was

Comment

I've no doubt that the Tories will get a thumping majority and shove Brexit down everyone's throats but it does look like Ken Clarke's prediction that in 10 years no-one will admit to having supported Brexit is going to come true.

The UK regrets Brexit

Last edited by BlasterBates; 27 April 2017, 08:20.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

????
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Well if the exit poll is anything to go by, wee Krankie's hopes of another Indyref are blown out of the water.

Shame.........................
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Well if the exit poll is anything to go by, wee Krankie's hopes of another Indyref are blown out of the water.

Shame.........................
            Tactical voting may have worked.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Tactical voting may have worked.
              Well turned out I was right. Yet again.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Well turned out I was right.
                Not really. Not much tactical voting went on, just a large flange of naive youngsters rushing out to embrace the notion that they can all go to Uni for free because Jezza is going to write everything off.
                They'll learn...............eventually...........and the hard way.

HTH BIDI
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Not really. Not much tactical voting went on, just a large flange of naive youngsters rushing out to embrace the notion that they can all go to Uni for free because Jezza is going to write everything off.
                  They'll learn...............eventually...........and the hard way.

HTH BIDI
                  The Guardian has a page before the election telling people to vote for their best opposition party if they didn't like the Tories. Since Labour is the best opposition party in most seats and the Lib Dems, Greens etc lost votes in many area there was some tactical voting going on.

In the case of Nick Clegg Sheffield were fed up of him. Last time the Tory voters voted Lib Dem to keep him in and Labour out. This time they decided to screw him as Corbyn isn't a threat.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

.. Jezza is going to write everything off...

Labour will use a new britcoin to pay for all their spending when another election is called later in the year and Labour walk it. With sterling in the toilet it's prime time to invent a new digital currency that those in early (i.e. the creators, the government, the Bank of England) can cash in by controlling the supply.
                    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                      Labour will use a new britcoin to pay for all their spending when another election is called later in the year and Labour walk it. With sterling in the toilet it's prime time to invent a new digital currency that those in early (i.e. the creators, the government, the Bank of England) can cash in by controlling the supply.
                      Not before the Tories crank up the tuition fees to punish the impudent whelps for their insolence!

Comment

Working...
                      X