• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Frozen shoulder - flippin heck it hurts....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    Mrs qh had this on two occasions. First was 10wks of physio/heat treatment which worked.

Then a few years later the issue came back, (or may have been the other shoulder, I can't remember) however was she 6 months pregnant with first born at the time so we jumped the queue and she opted for acupuncture (which is widely done in Europe, esp in Germany for pain relief for pregnant women).

After 10 x 1hr sessons of pins being stuck in her down one side the pain went away and so far not returned, however she does know when a storm is due as it tends to ache a bit.

qh
    yeh acupuncture is another thing. Another thing that might work but costs money. Like massage, chiro etc.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Fair play chiro was ok. Nice young lady who was very helpful. Seemed to know her stuff.

Only spend about 10 mins doing treatment. Just gently pulled my head a bit. Also, some acupuncture (sceptical about this!).

Although, I must admit there is "some" improvement. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        Fair play chiro was ok. Nice young lady who was very helpful. Seemed to know her stuff.

Only spend about 10 mins doing treatment. Just gently pulled my head a bit. Also, some acupuncture (sceptical about this!).

So, you're showing improvement after a 10 min Groupon deal session and you're still not happy ? How did the improvement compare to, say, your visit to a GP ?
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Are you sure she was a chiropractor?
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

I have been having pain in my shoulder blade for a good while now, went to GPs, private physio, NHS physio etc etc, nothing worked, but private sports massage works for a while, then I get a new one.. the problem with me they said was to do with the muscle running from my neck all the way down my shoulder and back... they said its due to posture and sitting in front of the computer I improved my posture now, never use a laptop screen just monitor, and support my neck during sleep with special pillows !!

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
              I have been having pain in my shoulder blade for a good while now, went to GPs, private physio, NHS physio etc etc, nothing worked, but private sports massage works for a while, then I get a new one.. the problem with me they said was to do with the muscle running from my neck all the way down my shoulder and back... they said its due to posture and sitting in front of the computer I improved my posture now, never use a laptop screen just monitor, and support my neck during sleep with special pillows !!
              Aye similar to me. REckon its due to disk though. Sure I found something that shows all the parts of the body that get referred pain due to disk problems.

Currently considering paying privately for cortisteroid injection. Not something easy a GP can do (cos its neck) so £400.

Comment

Oh well. Had an x-ray didnt expect bugger all to show but apparently both cervical disks in neck and shoulder show signs of wear and tear.

DG refused to send me for MRI because apparently treatment is the same i.e. painkillers and now gabapentin. As soon as I siaf I might pay for a private referral they said ok then! NHS is crap.

Not sure where this leaves my ongoing chiropractor treatment. Apaprently, everything is in the right place.

Comment

Oh well. Had an x-ray didnt expect bugger all to show but apparently both cervical disks in neck and shoulder show signs of wear and tear.

DG refused to send me for MRI because apparently treatment is the same i.e. painkillers and now gabapentin. As soon as I siaf I might pay for a private referral they said ok then! NHS is crap.

Not sure where this leaves my ongoing chiropractor treatment. Apaprently, everything is in the right place.
                  Maybe you are crap for paying for an unnecessary MRI?

Comment

Will you keep us posted?
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      Will you keep us posted?
                      If we can have a whip round and bung the chiropractor, we may be able to completely immobilise his arms.

Comment

Working...
                      X