• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trump puts EU ahead of Britain for trade deal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Looks like the Tory right wing loonies have been "bog washed" and are beginning to see sense.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...u-s-hogan-says

I reckon once May gets her landslide the loons will fade into obscurity. It looks like they've been out-manoeuvred.

Ah, yes, crazy loons abound.

Species: "Remoaning saboteur extremist"
    Genus: Hopeful
    Distinguishing characteristics: "repeat after me: we must stay in the EEA!" Previously: "we must stay in the EU!" Soon to be: "we must stay in the Customs Union!"
    Often heard to say: "Look, it's a squirrel!"

Comment

In the last few days Trump gave up on a US-UK deal, because he realises the UK isn't really going to leave the EU

I'm alright Jack

Comment

From the free dictionary:

saboteur - someone who commits sabotage or deliberately causes wrecks, diversionist, wrecker
        ruiner, uprooter, waster, destroyer, undoer - a person who destroys or ruins or lays waste to; "a destroyer of the environment"; "jealousy was his undoer";

Sounds pretty much like a Brexiter since the economy will be wrecked, and most probably, the country dismembered, under Brexit.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

In the last few days Trump gave up on a US-UK deal, because he realises the UK isn't really going to leave the EU

I have wondered if the LIbDEms might seize power because of this.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            From the free dictionary:

saboteur - someone who commits sabotage or deliberately causes wrecks, diversionist, wrecker
            ruiner, uprooter, waster, destroyer, undoer - a person who destroys or ruins or lays waste to; "a destroyer of the environment"; "jealousy was his undoer";

Sounds pretty much like a Brexiter since the economy will be wrecked, and most probably, the country dismembered, under Brexit.
            REmind me against what it says in urban dictionary about sasguru.

Comment

Before anyone crows on about having a deal with the US, they should look at the key points from TTIP and see if that was an acceptable deal for them. Personally I would rather see the UK go and forge new deals in the developing countries that put us in the frame to grow the new economies.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                Are the Greeks looking to negotiate their own trade deals?
                A couple more defaults, I reckon, and they won't have much choice...
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Looks like the Tory right wing loonies have been "bog washed" and are beginning to see sense.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...u-s-hogan-says

I reckon once May gets her landslide the loons will fade into obscurity. It looks like they've been out-manoeuvred.

It's May who is the loon now, that's the problem: a converted non-believer is the worst kind.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                    Before anyone crows on about having a deal with the US, they should look at the key points from TTIP and see if that was an acceptable deal for them. Personally I would rather see the UK go and forge new deals in the developing countries that put us in the frame to grow the new economies.
                    Developing countries might not be very keen to forge any deal with UK that could in the future prevent them from getting much better deal with US/EU.

UK does not really export much to developing countries anyway, mostly imports dodgy money that are laundered in London.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                      Countries outside EU want trade agreements that are not in UK interests, well not if you believe that Brexit is about controlling our borders

China also wanted more free movement of its people within the UK, not sure if that was just a warning from China who also don't want the UK to leave the EU but she (TM) basically told them where to go as well.

Brexit makes us the little guy on the trading floor with China , USA and Europe calling the shots, not predicting large scale doom and gloom for Brexit but we are a service based economy and selling to countries on $2 a day average wages is probably not the way to go, especially as we have a minimum wage that is 20 times the day rate of your average emerging market worker.

Getting a trade agreement with EU in 5 years would be tough going 7 - 10 would be more realistic so average German or French guy believes that going into a world of WTO rules with just about every country in the world will be very damaging to the UK, for them its just one country us, not to say that WTO rules are bad as we trade with countries on WTO already, its just that WTO means that whatever tariff we have say with US under WTO we also have to have the same tariff for EU for that particular import which could damage trade with low profit margins and this is more likely to be with emerging market countries.
                      Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Working...
                      X