• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We will vote Conservative because we deserve to be punished, says Britain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Really? I take it then that you approve of their policies? I hope you'll be able to enjoy living in the UK if they get in again although this might just backfire on them...https://inews.co.uk/essentials/news/...register-vote/
    Not particularly, but that isn't the point. If there were a decent opposition, I'd almost certainly vote for it. But to describe the current Tory gov't as "right wing" is lazy and not borne out by a majority of policies they've adopted. Their policy platform is schizophrenic, with some deviating far from the centre-ground in either direction. I predict that the Tory manifesto will share more than a passing resemblance with Labour's manifesto from 2015. It's just that Labour has exited stage left.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      Go easy on him Shaun, nobody's told him The Mash is satire, he thinks it's actual news. Now, say sorry to Scooty Shauny, there's a good lad...
      Makes more sense in context.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
        Not particularly, but that isn't the point. If there were a decent opposition, I'd almost certainly vote for it. But to describe the current Tory gov't as "right wing" is lazy and not borne out by a majority of policies they've adopted. Their policy platform is schizophrenic, with some deviating far from the centre-ground in either direction. I predict that the Tory manifesto will share more than a passing resemblance with Labour's manifesto from 2015. It's just that Labour has exited stage left.
        In 2005 the BNP manifesto promoted the following actions:

– Severe cuts in immigration
        – Leaving the EU
        – Bringing back grammar schools
        – Increased military spending
        – More “security” and “strong leadership”
        – Foreign policy driven by “British national interest” not human rights
        – Reduce development aid

Which are exactly what the Tories are currently promoting although the Tory policy on the NHS is even worse than the BNP
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

– Leaving the EU
          – Reduce development aid

Which are exactly what the Tories are currently promoting although the Tory policy on the NHS is even worse than the BNP
          Yeah, it's around the time you equate the Tories with the BNP that I stop taking you seriously. Have a nice evening.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            But only if you inhabit the lowly rung of the intellectual ladder that you have made your own.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

A pint of whatever you're smoking please barman...
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  You've had enough sir. You're already posting double.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

– Leaving the EU
                    – Reduce development aid

Oh, the logic of this is compelling. Let me apply that logic further.

The BNP also committed to a "free fully funded NHS", an emphasis on basics in education, qualified teachers, and they opposed adopting the euro. These were all policies of the Labour government of the day, and presumably are things Corbyn would commit to today. Though I can't actually prove it, I'd guess both the BNP of 2005 AND today's Labour party are against terrorists driving cars into people, child molestation, throwing acid in people's eyes at a club, and eating puppies live.

Therefore, LABOUR == BNP!!!!

Logic. It's inescapable.

Disclaimer: I hate the Tories, whose only guiding political principle is to do whatever they think might help them hold onto power. But I also hate the abuse of logic that is represented by the above comment.

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
                      Disclaimer: I hate the Tories, whose only guiding political principle is to do whatever they think might help them hold onto power. But I also hate the abuse of logic that is represented by the above comment.
                      You might want to put Darmstadt onto your ignore list then.

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X