• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which Rucksack?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Rucksack?

Need to replace the tatty old Targus Classic, want something smart and rugged, can hold a 13" laptop and all cables etc, as well as two days worth of clothes (pair of jeans, two shirts, jumper, t-shirt, pants, socks and associated items including wash bag etc), tube friendly will also be a bonus.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Need to replace the tatty old Targus Classic, want something smart and rugged, can hold a 13" laptop and all cables etc, as well as two days worth of clothes (pair of jeans, two shirts, jumper, t-shirt, pants, socks and associated items including wash bag etc), tube friendly will also be a bonus.
    Brillo's going for this look for his new London gig.

Comment

Didn't this one just get covered... Or am I missing something?

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post2404629

Can't you save money by wearing all the clothes you need and get a smaller, cheaper bag?

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        Brillo's going for this look for his new London gig.

I always go reflective. Just in case I cycle.

Comment

The modern contractor.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post

The modern post Brexit contractor.
            FTFY
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Hmmm... Let me offer you a hard learned piece of advice.

Do not buy a rucksack with too many pockets because things get lost in those pockets never to resurface until the most inopportune moments, e.g.in front of airport security.

Comment

Like a sock full of sh*t, perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Didn't this one just get covered... Or am I missing something?

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post2404629
                  Cheers!

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  I have an osprey backpac which has a laptop compartment. It's quite large about 40l.

I also have a smaller I think 20l lowe alpine one with a laptop compartment.

I got them both from an outdoor shop. (The shop changed name between the time I I brought them.) So would suggest you go into a decent one and have a look.

Personally I prefer using a separate very slim laptop bag when travelling by train long distance - there are loads on Amazon - that way I can put my clothes up on a shelf but keep my laptop on me while on the train. Shorter train journeys I would use one of the bags as it ends up between my legs.
                  Hmmm, 40L seems to be huge, 20L probably a bit small, so at least I know now I ned to look at maybe high 20's for size.

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  I have a samsonite carry-on bag and a slip case for the laptop. That's enough for a 3 day trip, and I throw the laptop into the bag for transport. For shorter trips I have a backpack with a laptop section.
                  I've also got a Lowepro camera backpack that can take a 17" laptop in one section and is big enough for a lot of camera gear (or several days of clothes)
                  I have a Samsonite Motio Garment, its ok for being away three nights at the moment, but due to it's size I also have my Visconti Leather Messenger bag which I take into ClientCo each day, would prefer one bag that I can use every day, but also has enough for two nights away.

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  Staples used to do some nice backpacks with enough space for a couple of days.

Failing that, get a wheelie one and a TYLT Energi backpack that slides onto the handle and has an internal battery that means you can charge your devices while on the move too.
                  I have an Anker powercore so the gimmick of having a bag which charges is not needed

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                  I ordered Targus TSB700EU City Gear Rolling back in 2014, its a solid bag. It can hold two laptops
                  Its large enough for a laptop plus a washbag and 2 days worth of clobber.
                  Plus its got a retractable handle so you can wheel it if you want
                  Will take a look, cheers
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    Hmmm, 40L seems to be huge, 20L probably a bit small
                    I believe that in this new fangled modern world, there are numbers between 20 and 40 but I'm not sure they've reached the north yet.

(Of course they have - that's how we measure life expectancy)
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X