• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which Rucksack?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its far easier to split your need and have an ultra small day case that has no space for unnecessary
    crap like 4 million cables and chargers. then have a small overnight bag that will cover 3 days of shirts etc. that way you only have to carry loads of crap when you arrive or leave.

Comment

So glad I pay £100 a week for Monday to Thursday lodgings, where I can leave stuff in my room over the weekend, park right outside and drive door to door between there and clientco and home, so I needn't bother with all this bag nonsense.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Can't see why one would worry about the bag design, especially if someone else carry's it for one anyway

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Got one of these too if I need to carry more stuff around
          Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
            Next project is a train commute away so I too was looking at laptop backpacks, just could not find anything that fitted the size / style I wanted.

So I have designed one; it’s currently in mid construction, parts cut, need to do some dye samples to get the colour I want.

Suede & leather combo with contrasting colours & stitching, with laptop compartment, space for handbag, lunch bag & book, and separate compartments for travel card, water bottle & smokes. Hardware in antique bronze colour, brown suede, leather parts colour TBC with Celtic knot engraving.

This way I get what I want & it’s unique.

Yes I do, do commissions but it’s not cheap; a decent leather laptop bag is c£500 & will take 4-6 weeks.
            Sounds fab, needs pics when its done!

I took a walk Oxford Street and was impressed with these guys Sandqvist, although they only had the smaller version in stock, but they do a 22l and a 27l which should do the job, in both looks and function.

https://www.sandqvist.net/shop/backp...rs-goran-multi
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I have one a bit like this one:
              https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ogio-Master...gio+laptop+bag

Has lasted me three years. 15" laptop, ipad, leads and a load of main storge space which I hardly ever use but could easily fit a days worth of clothes in. 36L.

Comment

Why not go retro and get a good old 1970s haversack?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  That's tiny.

Mind you I also have a large handbag to put make up in.
                  It is way too small, quite a bad buy tbh. I can pack light but it's full with two dresses and a pair of heels. Not acceptable.

Comment

Working...
                  X