• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Swap my vote

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Listening to someone in Leicestershire saying how they hate their individual Tory MP - Andrew Bridgen - but would like to vote Tory because he likes Ms May.

What a mess.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      The site was alive and used in 2015.

The idea was is you wanted to vote Green and the largest opposition party in your constituency was Lib Dem, then you would look for someone in say Brighton who wanted to vote Lib Dem. They would then vote Green and you would vote Lib Dem. That way both your votes would be more likely to count and you would help avoid getting in someone for parties you hate.

The current voting system for GE means about 50% of votes are wasted.
      OK, that does make a lot more sense. It didn't work in 2015, so they don't have much time to make sure it fares any better this time.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        Gina Miller plans 'biggest tactical voting effort in UK history' ahead of snap election | The Independent

The election could be interesting at least in some constituencies. Voting tactically looks like the name of the game.

I'm sure out patriotic Brexit friends will be praising Gina's contribution as an immigrant to the UK democratic process.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          OK, that does make a lot more sense. It didn't work in 2015, so they don't have much time to make sure it fares any better this time.
          Actually I know people who tactically voted in 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            The site was alive and used in 2015.

The idea was is you wanted to vote Green and the largest opposition party in your constituency was Lib Dem, then you would look for someone in say Brighton who wanted to vote Lib Dem. They would then vote Green and you would vote Lib Dem. That way both your votes would be more likely to count and you would help avoid getting in someone for parties you hate.

The current voting system for GE means about 50% of votes are wasted.
            Is it actually legal?

I am tempted to join then lie about my voting intentions. Like I do with pollsters....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Is it actually legal?

I am tempted to join then lie about my voting intentions. Like I do with pollsters....
              No, it is treasonous (retrospectively) under the Brexit (Emergency Measures) Enemies of the People Act 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Is it actually legal?

That's another group of people who have never crossed my path. I don't think they exist tbh - it's just a few guys sitting around making up stuff. Like CUK sockie masters, but trolling politicians and newspaper columnists instead.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                  That's another group of people who have never crossed my path. I don't think they exist tbh - it's just a few guys sitting around making up stuff. Like CUK sockie masters, but trolling politicians and newspaper columnists instead.
                  They exist.

Their methods are poor.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    If TM ends up with a 17 or even 20 something seat majority, that will be a highly amusing outcome.

If anything, I think the polls are underestimating the degree of hammering that Labour are about to have bestowed upon them. The average punter is not politically engaged, and they're highly unlikely to entertain tactical voting, let alone pre-registering for a tactical vote . It's pure fantasy. Also, I talk to dyed-in-the-wool Labour supporters all the time (a side-effect of working with academics a lot ), and they aren't happy bunnies. A significant number of them aren't going to bother voting at all. The idea that the Lib Dems are going to hoover up all these votes is fallacious (esp. among students and academics ).

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                      No, it is treasonous (retrospectively) under the Brexit (Emergency Measures) Enemies of the People Act 2018.
                      Did we run that Act past Subcommittee B of the EC Working Group on Modern Methods of Warfare Against National Deviation in the People's Democratic Republic of Europe?

Comment

Working...
                      X