• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I like Corbyn but...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought you meant this:

You've backed me into a corner Mrs. May, but I've made up my mind. I could never in a million years vote for the lying, disabled shaming, wealth stripping, asset selling, homelessness doubling tories. I also couldn't vote for the LibDems. Not just because they massively betrayed their voters by jumping into bed with the tories and enabling horrendous crippling austerity, but also because Tim Farron uses the bible, a work of fiction, as his moral compass. UKIP are certainly out of the question, not just because of their thinly veiled bigotry but because they've served their pupose and are now irrelevant. The Green vote is a wasted vote.
    That leaves me with Labour. 12 months ago I'd have been happy with that. I was still giving Jeremy Corbyn his 7th chance to pull something out of the bag, to prove that he's a leader. It didn't happen. He let me down.
    Labour is ****ed, the party is divided and its leader weak, there's absolutely no doubt about that, but I've missed votes in the past and regretted it, not this time. I can't stand idly by and get lost in the apathetic fog that's descending over the UK.
    We're sick of votes, we're sick of politics and we're sick of lies but most importantly we're sick of you.
    We're sick of a crumbling NHS and it's staff being treated like tulip.
    We're sick of seeing the living dead sprawled across our streets, high on Spice, because it's their only relief from your inflicted hell.
    We're sick of you treating our family members like second class citizens because they've only lived here for 40 years and you can't ensure their security post Brexit.
    We're sick of you meddling with our kids education structure and using them as guinea pigs.
    We're sick of you driving our most vulnerable people to suicide and taking the word of a prick with a checklist over a doctor.
    The truth is we live in a democracy with two houses, the next leader isn't all powerful like Kim Jong Un, we have checks and balances and safety nets.
    Jeremy Corbyn is not a leader and his party is a joke, but I'd take a mixture of incompetence and morals every time over an effective and vindictive shower of ***** any day, and I've no doubt in my mind that he will lose miserably but at least I'll be able to look myself in the eye whilst brushing my teeth.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
      To be credible, one must be sane. Since Labour's economic illiteracy borders on sheer insanity, they can't be credible. So it would be better for them to be permanently destroyed and a sane opposition rise in their place.
      That's like saying if a company has a mad MD, the company should be shut down. Or if a football club gets relegated, they close the club entirely.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        The electorate is stupid, not Corbyn. Far too many of the electorate believe they're entitled to this that and everything. This sense of privilege drives me bonkers.

:::

You promise tax cuts the country cannot afford whilst letting big corps off the hook is asking for trouble down the line.
        I'm afraid in some respects the idealism and stupidity you lament evidently applies to you as much as anyone!

NOT letting big corps off the hook (tax wise) would be asking for even more trouble down the line, when all the jobs started evaporating.

Obviously it isn't "fair", and nobody in their right mind likes it, besides the owners and big shareholders of the "big corps". But they would like mass unemployment even less.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          You've backed me into a corner Mrs. May, but I've made up my mind. I could never in a million years vote for the lying, disabled shaming, wealth stripping, asset selling, homelessness doubling tories. I also couldn't vote for the LibDems. Not just because they massively betrayed their voters by jumping into bed with the tories and enabling horrendous crippling austerity, but also because Tim Farron uses the bible, a work of fiction, as his moral compass. UKIP are certainly out of the question, not just because of their thinly veiled bigotry but because they've served their pupose and are now irrelevant. The Green vote is a wasted vote.
          That leaves me with Labour. 12 months ago I'd have been happy with that. I was still giving Jeremy Corbyn his 7th chance to pull something out of the bag, to prove that he's a leader. It didn't happen. He let me down.
          Labour is ****ed, the party is divided and its leader weak, there's absolutely no doubt about that, but I've missed votes in the past and regretted it, not this time. I can't stand idly by and get lost in the apathetic fog that's descending over the UK.
          We're sick of votes, we're sick of politics and we're sick of lies but most importantly we're sick of you.
          We're sick of a crumbling NHS and it's staff being treated like tulip.
          We're sick of seeing the living dead sprawled across our streets, high on Spice, because it's their only relief from your inflicted hell.
          We're sick of you treating our family members like second class citizens because they've only lived here for 40 years and you can't ensure their security post Brexit.
          We're sick of you meddling with our kids education structure and using them as guinea pigs.
          We're sick of you driving our most vulnerable people to suicide and taking the word of a prick with a checklist over a doctor.
          The truth is we live in a democracy with two houses, the next leader isn't all powerful like Kim Jong Un, we have checks and balances and safety nets.
          Jeremy Corbyn is not a leader and his party is a joke, but I'd take a mixture of incompetence and morals every time over an effective and vindictive shower of ***** any day, and I've no doubt in my mind that he will lose miserably but at least I'll be able to look myself in the eye whilst brushing my teeth.
          To whoever typed all that ..

Don't worry your little head about all those issues. As long as you feel virtuous, that's all that matters.

Comment

oh how we chuckled

Blame Sir Tim Berners-Lee

Comment

Not sure about that speech today, raising the spectre of the illuminati......and the 'rigged system' approach is a little too 'Trumpian' for me.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                NOT letting big corps off the hook (tax wise) would be asking for even more trouble down the line, when all the jobs started evaporating.
                Hostage to the corporates eh? This is what happens when you stop making your own 'stuff'.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I'm afraid in some respects the idealism and stupidity you lament evidently applies to you as much as anyone!
                  Talking of idealism and stupidity, this Brexit lark is turning out to be a massive tulip shower.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Hostage to the corporates eh? This is what happens when you stop making your own 'stuff'.
                    Can't deny that. But what can you do in a free market when other countries can make the same stuff for a small fraction of the price?

Comment

Can't deny that. But what can you do in a free market when other countries can make the same stuff for a small fraction of the price?
                      A question that baffled me when living in Norway. A small shipping company just outside Bergen with whom I worked with casting and milling valves and other widgets for the marine world. Shipping (ha ha) stock world wide weekly. Got to be one of the most expensive countries in the world to manufacture, right? Everything about their product could have been copied in China. Never happened. What gives?! Two words: Quality & reputation. The UK has sacrificed both for a quick buck to please the electorate and shareholders alike.

If you think China is going to overtake Germany's car manufacturing prowess, think again. I thought Telsa might be in with a chance, but not no more.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X