• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I like Corbyn but...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Yeah, higher tax for those earning over £70k

The only good thing about people like him is that they are not as subtle as Tory Scum with taxation (though Gordon Brown added a few new chapters to the Tory Scum Stealth Tax Book), so negative effects of high taxation would backfire pretty quickly.
    Not quite sure what you're suggesting. Shouldn't you be thinking of moving to Monaco to be with your fellow Oligarchs?
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Unfortunately for him the electorate will vote for empty promises. Idealism would mean a house price crash of epic size. It would demand affordable housing or wage growth to 3 times the average house price. Tories will fluff their manifesto up with a rosy future onhe downsides. But the future is not rosy for the next 10 years+, anyone with half a brain can see that.

The electorate is stupid, not Corbyn. Far too many of the electorate believe they're entitled to this that and everything. This sense of privilege drives me bonkers. I know what it is to work from the start, worked through the summer paid off my student loan instead of a gap year. No debts now.

You promise tax cuts the country cannot afford whilst letting big corps off the hook is asking for trouble down the line.

If the electorate really wants the country back on the road to prosperity they'll vote for the damage first before the lies.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        I would waste my vote if I voted for Corbyn
        So a vote is wasted unless you vote for whoever is going to win?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          Not quite sure what you're suggesting. Shouldn't you be thinking of moving to Monaco to be with your fellow Oligarchs?
          I suggest 40% rate of tax max, personal allowance should be available to every taxpayer - it's only fair innit.

Tax on dividends should factor in corp tax paid to the penny, then it can be "aligned" (after factoring in corp tax) with income tax levels, that would make the dividend tax rate 25%, just like in high-taxing Germany.

Comment

I like Corbyn, because he's destroying the Labour Party as an electoral force.

I wish we had a credible opposition, of course, but I'm glad to see the Labour Party crushed.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Of course not. If you vote on principle for someone who is going to lose, because they would govern better, that's not a wasted vote.

A vote for Corbyn is wasted on any measure. He's going to lose, and if he could win he'd govern even worse (which is quite an accomplishment, given the way the current lot behave).

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
                Down, down, deeper and down...

Jeremy Corbyn 'likely to stay on' even if Labour suffers crushing election defeat | The Independent

Comment

The second party in my constituency is not Labour so why would I vote Labour?
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post

I wish we had a credible opposition, of course, but I'm glad to see the Labour Party crushed.
                    So you want a credible opposition but you're pleased there isn't one?!

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    The second party in my constituency is not Labour so why would I vote Labour?
                    Because you wanted them to win presumably.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

So you want a credible opposition but you're pleased there isn't one?!
                      To be credible, one must be sane. Since Labour's economic illiteracy borders on sheer insanity, they can't be credible. So it would be better for them to be permanently destroyed and a sane opposition rise in their place.

Comment

Working...
                      X