• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Election crisis

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Election crisis

I've just realised...

Where I live, Labour have led since 1922 and in 2015, polling was

Labour, 53.9%
    Conservative, 22.6%
    UKIP, 19.7%
    Lib Dem, 2.5%

There is no way on Earth am I voting Conservative. I never have and never will, especially not given May's Brexit vision. Distancing ourselves from the EU is a good thing, but I am firmly in the EFTA/EEA camp.

I am historically a Labour voter, but seriously there is no way on Earth am I voting for a Corbyn led Labour.

So here's the dilemma. Voting for 'someone else' (i.e. Lib Dems) is effectively taking a Labour voter away and moving the despicable Tories up the pecking order.

Tactically, I think I'm actually going to have to vote for Labour and that makes me very miserable (I take some comfort in June 8th really really having to be the end of Corbyn's leadership but seriously - who else is there with any crumb of credibility?)

Realistically, I think the UKIP vote will dissolve away and Lib Dems will pick up again (having polled 3.5% and 18.2% respectively in 2010) and we are definately in one of those 'red rosette on a chimp would win' constituencies but.. Dilemma dilemma.
    Taking a break from contracting

Labour are also pro-Brexit, pro-tax scum, vote Lib Dems!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Labour are also pro-Brexit, pro-tax scum, vote Lib Dems!
      Because the Lib Dems are the party of low taxation.

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
        Because the Lib Dems are the party of low taxation.
        They are reasonable - under LibCon rate was reduced from 50% to 45%, but under Tory Scum they put up dividend tax so much that overall higher payments than at Labour time when 50% income tax rate was in place.

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
          I've just realised...

Where I live, Labour have led since 1922 and in 2015, polling was

Labour, 53.9%
          Conservative, 22.6%
          UKIP, 19.7%
          Lib Dem, 2.5%

Dilemma dilemma.
          Move somewhere decent. Simples.
          First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
            Move somewhere decent. Simples.
            ^ This

Or, vote for the loonies or an independent or summat.

Comment

Why bother voting? The Tories said they're going to win. It's all over their newspapers. They said so.

How to get the Tories out:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...sle=true#gid=0
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Why bother voting? The Tories said they're going to win. It's all over their newspapers. They said so.

How to get the Tories out:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...sle=true#gid=0
                Neat like it, I reckon tactical voting will be quite popular this time
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Vote for the best person to give you local representation. If that means Labour, then vote Labour; if that means LD then vote LD.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Remember to vote Tory this time. All ballot papers have a serial number and a stored for a statutory period of a year and a day after the election. We must expect and demand in these extraordinary times that parliament will use its sovereign power to order a full audit of all Enemies of the People, saboteurs and other fifth columnists who have voted to frustrate a red, white and blue Brexit.

Comment

Working...
                    X