• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

June Election: Labour's policies to inspire the electorate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

June Election: Labour's policies to inspire the electorate

from the Grauniad...

Labour are preparing to win the June 8th Election with a number of electorate inspiring new policies including:

However, John McDonnell, the shadow chancellor, said he believed Labour would form the next government after an election that people felt was unnecessary.

He said there would be a number of radical policies to inspire the electorate, including a fairer tax system that meant big corporations and the rich defined as those earning more than £70,000-£80,000 a year – contribute more.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ety-over-seats

Milan.

I guess this means Labour have drawn a line and want to alienate anybody earning over 70,000 a year

Milan.

Comment

Labour campaign to focus on updating CVs
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        After the Labour meeting last night, one MP was heard to say "return to your constituencies and prepare for the Guardian jobs page"
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
          from the Grauniad...

Labour are preparing to win the June 8th Election with a number of electorate inspiring new policies including:

However, John McDonnell, the shadow chancellor, said he believed Labour would form the next government after an election that people felt was unnecessary.

He said there would be a number of radical policies to inspire the electorate, including a fairer tax system that meant big corporations and the rich defined as those earning more than £70,000-£80,000 a year – contribute more.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ety-over-seats

Milan.
          The mass delusion will make the reality of the 9th June all the more pitiful.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I guess this means Labour have drawn a line and want to alienate anybody earning over 70,000 a year

Milan.
            Well that will really pull the rug out from under their own feet won't it? Because as any schoolboy knows, that is the demographic that has always constituted their core vote.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Above 70k is plenty if it wasn't taxed...

Comment

Milan.
                Luckily for them most of Londoners who earn that amount are in constituencies with Labour majorities where those that do either can't vote or work for the NHS/government.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Just watching Corbyn in Parliament. Oh dear. This is going to be a bloodbath.

After going on about "A Brexit that allows us to invest in the future" and other such nonsense, a Tory stood up and said "Point of Order Mr Speaker: Is that it?".

Which got a huge laugh.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I'm listening to Labour voters moaning.

Though some are going to vote for May.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X