• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tories Barometer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tories Barometer

Afternoon All,

got a good one to share with you.

A very old friend who is a hard core, die hard, free market Tory and totally committed Brexiter called me up today and was ranting and raving about how May has screwed up the Brexit opportunity and made Britain into a laughing stock by playing this cheap trick of calling a quick election.

I told him I never would have thought I'd have heard him say such a thing.

He is totally peed off, and is complaining that Brexit was an opportunity and May has made a total pigs ear of it, and now to cap it all, she's played the daftest card in the book by calling the election at short notice.

He actually now has had enough and wants the Tories out !!! He's convinced they're going to screw up the Brexit opportunity and that whatever deal they get, nothing will be better than it was before.

He openly argues, his main motivation for Brexit was to curb and control immigration, and has now concluded with or without Brexit immigration won't change.

He also added that the total value of the buy to let mortgage market is 200bin gbp and that 80% of tenants are immigrants and if they all go home it will destroy the whole housing market in the UK

So I have to wonder, if he is a barometer for Brexiters and Tory supporters then May might have a surprise coming.

His last words were the Tories need to be punished at the election for their incompetence.

What does the rest of the congregation think ?

Milan.

Must be one of those who inspired this...
    You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Afternoon Beansey,

I don't agree with your friend, but I'm sure there are many who do. The vote will be interesting, there will be Tory "Remain" voters who will vote LibDem (certainly in my area of SW London) and Labour Leave voters who may well just abstain rather than vote for Corbyn. We might well see some very odd results. Bring on the fun...
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Comment

Deluded. There are always some that have an odd view of the world but I think most sensible people will back The PM. I will be!
          "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

some people support Jezzy
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
              Deluded. There are always some that have an odd view of the world but I think most sensible people will back The PM. I will be!
              Deluded is you voting for these idiots responsible for this whole situation!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                some people support Jezzy
                I know <shudders remembering Blair and Brown came after M. Foot>
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
                  Its a general election not an MEP one. New Lie who pushed us further in to the EU have crashed & Burned and the original pro EU politicians have either died or seen the error of their ways.

Some people believe a corrupt and tyrannical EU organisation is probably the cause of Brexit. I mean who would want to leave a great organisation that served your needs?

Or you can blame the government that asked what the electorate wanted.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
                    That's how democracy works.
                    You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Working...
                    X