• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

General election - how will you vote?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    Well that's clinched it for me. Voting Tory.
    TM is going to (not) surprise everyone by putting together a manifesto that would be difficult to distinguish from Millipede's bedtime reading list. The accusation that the modern Tories are a hard right party fits the SNP agenda (in the same way they like to be perceived as progressive left, when they're nothing of the sort), but it's far from reality. Expect some major tax increases, other tax cuts abandoned (higher rate threshold, CT etc.), reverse of the pensions triple lock and, more generally, a weird mash of Millipedesque social/corporate interventionism and provincial conservatism. Very odd agenda, I predict, all dressed up as working for "everyone, and not just the privileged few". Loada bollocks

Oh, and contractors are stiffed.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      Expect some major tax increases, other tax cuts abandoned (higher rate threshold, CT etc.), reverse of the pensions triple lock
      DOOMED!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        "Conservative: 13 35.14%"

Feck me, majority on here still votes Tories???
        As I said on another thread ... turkeys voting for Xmas. Vote Tories back in and they will destroy our businesses and kill contracting as we know it in the UK.
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
          I would laugh my ass off if Con lost. Well deserved!
          Thought you were leaving anyway? Why do you even care?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Thought you were leaving anyway? Why do you even care?

Yep. Preparing!

Comment

Originally posted by RSoles View Post
              Dangerous times. Germany 1932?
              Stugling to find the war reparations which led to the huge depression which led to hitlers rise along with burning of the reichstag.

Also prior to 1932 Germany's social spending was on a scale not seen before not helped by huge trade tariffs placed on it by other countries.

But you know feel free to carry on.

Comment

"Conservative 19 35.85%"

Comment

I've just registered to vote as I realise if I don't vote people will go on about how people died so we have a vote.

Just seen who I can vote for:

Tories (Ollie Wetwin), Labour, LDs and Green. That's it.

Turkeys voting for Christmas whatever angle I look at it.

On the one hand there's voting for the Tories' IR35 changes on the other, the remaining 3 parties are committed to loony left open doors immigration.

What a choice

Comment

Got my postal vote through today with its international pre-paid envelope. Tory / Labour marginal so will vote Labour. Will probably be the last time I use my UK vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
                      I've just registered to vote as I realise if I don't vote people will go on about how people died so we have a vote.

Just seen who I can vote for:

Tories (Ollie Wetwin), Labour, LDs and Green. That's it.

Turkeys voting for Christmas whatever angle I look at it.

On the one hand there's voting for the Tories' IR35 changes on the other, the remaining 3 parties are committed to loony left open doors immigration.

What a choice
                      You've missed the deadline.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X