• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

General Election announced - June 8th

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    The UK is full.
    its alright MF is emigrating.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The UK is full.
      Yes, I remember that. Thanks for the reminder.
      You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

The UK is full.
        When I kill you off there will be one more space....
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The UK is full.
          That's not a problem if he's already here.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
            No it's not. I can't find an iOS developer to save my life. Please allow more iOS developers into the country.
            willing to work for what you are offering?

Comment

Well that's a surprise isn't it, Tories lying again...the numpties will still vote for them though

Just before she assumed the role of prime minister she said there would be no early election under her leadership. On 30 June, in the speech that launched her bid, she explicitly ruled it out.

Then in her first major interview after taking office, she told the Andrew Marr Show last September that the UK needed a period of stability after the shock Brexit vote.

She said: “I’m not going to be calling a snap election. I’ve been very clear that I think we need that period of time, that stability, to be able to deal with the issues that the country is facing and have that election in 2020.”

In her Christmas message in 2016, May also strongly hinted that an early election was not on the agenda by calling for unity.

She said: “Of course, the referendum laid bare some further divisions in our country – between those who are prospering, and those who are not … those for whom our country works well, and those for whom it does not.

As recently as last month Downing Street said that an early election was “not going to happen”.
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

No need for citizenship as the UK, or what's left of it will end up a "defacto" member of the EU.

Think an EU "rump state", turned into a nostalgic theme park demonstrating what the UK (or whatever it will be called) was.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

I'm just surprised that TM the PM is waiting until June

If she'd called it next month, everyone would have had to give her a clear pyschological advantage by calling it "the May election"

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    No need for citizenship as the UK, or what's left of it will end up a "defacto" member of the EU.

Think an EU "rump state", turned into a nostalgic theme park demonstrating what the UK (or whatever it will be called) was.

Actually it may as well sign up to be the 51st state of the USA as that's what effectively it will be. I just hope it will be more like California than Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                      Actually it may as well sign up to be the 51st state of the USA as that's what effectively it will be. I just hope it will be more like California than Texas.
                      Probably more like Montana. Blooming freezing.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X