• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Soddin HTC mobile

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soddin HTC mobile

Woke up one day to find the charger melted (it was original one) and pretty much melted charging port.

Contacted HTC who were all concerned at first and offered to fix.

So a month ago I sent the phone in. A month. Sick of waiting.
    Today they send me a bill for £300+ to get it fixed! Not sure how they can say its not covered.

Would I buy a HTC again? Never ever ever.....
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Are you still nicking your lecky from the streetlight outside the caravan?

I haven't had a single issue in 10 years of using HTC.

Comment

Time to go to media and report them to trading standards.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Time to go to media and report them to trading standards.
        Get your sad face on for the wail!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
          Are you still nicking your lecky from the streetlight outside the caravan?

I haven't had a single issue in 10 years of using HTC.
          Well phone is great.

They were all concerned when it happened and asked me if anyone was hurt/anything damaged etc.

I was a little disappointed when they refused to replace and insisted I sent it in.

Got madder and madder as it turned into a month. But telling me its £300 to repair now is taking the biscuit.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            Woke up one day to find the charger melted (it was original one) and pretty much melted charging port.

Contacted HTC who were all concerned at first and offered to fix.

So a month ago I sent the phone in. A month. Sick of waiting.
            Today they send me a bill for £300+ to get it fixed! Not sure how they can say its not covered.

Would I buy a HTC again? Never ever ever.....
            Can you get a crisis loan from the social if you say you need the phone for job seeking?

Comment

Jeez they are unbelievable.

After a few attempts by my to get them to explain why the phone was not covered by warranty the reason came back - "because the charging port is physically damaged". OMG it defies belief.
              Of course its physically damaged, the phone almost melted. Using official HTC cable and charger.....

Comment

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

Someone GAS.

BIDI

HTH
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I had a problem with my iPhone 6 a year after i bought it, screen was a bit dodgy, took it to the Apple shop, who just said 'lets just give you a new one' no messing around, job done and a quick restore from the iCloud backup and I was good to go in 5 mins, you pay a premium for Apple granted but thats one of the reasons why.

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
                    I had a problem with my iPhone 6 a year after i bought it, screen was a bit dodgy, took it to the Apple shop, who just said 'lets just give you a new one' no messing around, job done and a quick restore from the iCloud backup and I was good to go in 5 mins, you pay a premium for Apple granted but thats one of the reasons why.
                    Yeh you may be right. HTC are completely clueless...

Comment

Working...
                    X